Possible BR Surgery? What to Expect? Advice?

Hello, I had my first consult for BR and was told I am a good candidate. I am 47 years old, 5'4" 147 lbs. and am 36DDD. The thought of having BR was so exciting to me since I have always been large breasted and self-conscious about my chest. I have been pre-approved by my insurance company to have BR surgery. I have never had surgery and am nervous about being put under and the pain. I'm looking for some words of encouragement! Any regrets? Do you still have sensation in your nipples? Thank you.

Breast Reduction Surgery

+2

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery.  This is one of the most patient pleasing operations we do.

It may be helpful to meet and speak with other patients who have had this procedure performed.

Meet with well experienced plastic surgeons to learn about the procedure and have your questions answered.

Breast Reduction Surgery Expectations

+1

If you are in good health, you should have no problems with surgery. With the advancements in anesthesia, it is considered very safe. You will probably be uncomfortable for a day or two but the pain is not severe. Pain medication is usually prescribed but most likely won't be  needed by the third day. The biggest regret that I hear from patients is that they wish they had the surgery sooner! Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD