I Had a BR and Now my Nipples Are Soft and Puffy. Also I Have a Tiny Dark Spot on One. Can You Give Me Some Advice? (photo)

My Breast Reduction was performed on May 25. Everything went as planned. I had 3.8 pounds of breast tissue removed. I am extreamly happy so far. My Nipples are puffy and extreamly soft now though. I am wondering why. They do not look swollen or fluid filled, just look like they were made that way. is there a reason. my post op is June 5th. All my stitches are disolvable and I had no drains. Also there is the tiny dark spot not getting bigger or darker, not seeming to fade. Should I call my PS

I Had a BR and Now my Nipples Are Soft and Puffy. Also I Have a Tiny Dark Spot on One. Can You Give Me Some Advice?

+2

The posted limited photo show what appears as early normal healing. BUT always best to call your surgeon about any concerns. OK? 

Post operative changes

+1

The best person to advise you as to what is or is not normal Is your plastic surgeon. If you don't want to wait until your scheduled appointment, call the office and see if you can move it up. Or perhaps answer your concerns on the phone. With that said, from your photo it looks like normal healing.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction post op question

+1

It seems to me you'r doing fine. That spot on the areola most likely will get better over time. It takes about 2-3 weeks for the bruising to subside and up to six months for the swelling to go down and the breasts to settle. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

BR

+1

Your picture looks like a normal healing breast after surgery. Give your body time to heal, after a few months if it still looks to your eye like there's something wrong I would bring it up to your surgeon. If its bothering you now have your surgeon take a look at it.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Nipple and breast reduction

+1

Just looking at the photos, it looks like things are healing ok. If you have questions you should talk with your doctor.