I Am 6 Ft Tall and 185lbs with Wide Hips and Shoulders. Will 500cc Implants Be Too Big?

My breasts now are 15 inches in diameter and I have a 30 inch rib cage

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Would 500cc implants be too big for my frame?

+1

Without a proper in-person consultation, the typical assumption would be that 500cc implants would not be too large for your frame.  You said you are tall with wide shoulders so that tells me that you would be able to hold the implants well.  Definitely go in for a consultation and physical exam by a board certified plastic surgeon and try on implants before you make your decision about size.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

500cc implants

+1

You would need a live consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine an appropriate implant for your body.  Larger framed women will typically need larger implants to get a favorable result.

Web reference: http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question.  Unfortunately, online consultants are not in a position to provide you with precise enough advice.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” or "too big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Choices in breast implant size selection

+1

There are several things to consider when planning a breast augmentation.     .  ....  With an existing breast base diameter or 15 cm a 500 cc implant should be fine.  A 500 cc implant will increase your breast size by at least 2 cup sizes.                                                                

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

+1

I cannot be sure what the measurement are.  30 inches seems small for your height and weight, and 15 inches would be larger than any breasts I have seen. 

A photo would help. Chances are, based, though, on inadequate information, that 500 cc will not be too large. Trying them on as sizers should be helpful, and your surgeon's exam will determine if that is an appropriate size.

All the best. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.