Bovine Implant - is It a Stable Implant to Augment my Nose Bridge?

Is bovine implant safe to use for nose bridge augmentation. I just read 1 patient used this implant and it warped after 7 years. I just had rhinoplasty 3 months ago and the doctor used bovine implant to augment my nose bridge. Is there a possibility for my implants to warp? My dostor told me that the result is permanent.

All Nasal Implants are prone to short term and long-term Complications

+2

Every single implant runs the risk of multiple short term and long term complications. Among them: rotation and movement, warping, thinning of the overlying skin, ulceration and exposure, infection and encapsulation. While obtaining an implant from a sterile pouch is easier on the surgeon and on you, such implants (from a human donor, another species (in your case cow0 or man made) are more likely to become infected and encapsulated.

The IDEAL nasal implant is one that comes from YOUR own body, unless that option is not available.

Bovine Nasal Implant

+1

Complications, including warping, can occur after placement of any tissue implant. Whenever possible, I prefer to use cartiage from the patient's own septum or ears because complications, including warping, are rare. All these problems are rare.You should do well; enjoy your new nose.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.