First Kit of Latisse 3 Days Past Expiration - Does It Really Matter?

Do the active/inactive ingredients have at least a 2 month post-expire date shelf life? I know our DR office uses samples all the time that have expired, but we're talking PPI's or ABX... worried about infection or zero results! Thank you in advance, K. Lawrence

Newport Beach Latisse and expiration dates

+2
Most medications are effective after their expiration dates. They are not suggested for use due to FDA regulations. If you purchased the Latisse recently and it has not been on the physicians shelf it should have an expiration date that will last beyond it's use cycle. When purchasing any in the future check the expiration date prior to purchase. I sell a lot of Latisse in my office and order it monthly to replace with new product. If you find the product unaffective then there may be some concern as my patients have enjoyed it's amazing benefits of longer, fuller and darker lash results.

Using Latisse after its Expiration Date

+2

Many medications are actually still quite effective long after their expiration date. The dates are usually there because of FDA requirements. If you're using a product after its expiration date and it seems to have less effect then it's time to replace it. Other risks, such as infection, would be very unlikely. 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon