What Is My Risk For Bottoming out With Submuscular Natrelle Implants?

I have 397cc (right) and 421cc (left) Natrelle Allergen silicone subglandular implants. I understand that I maybe more at risk of bottoming out versus submuscular folks. Is my understanding correct? Also, does working out increase the chances of bottoming out? Working out such as...running, jump rope and plyometrics etc. Any information will be beneficial. Thank you!!

Breast Implant "Bottoming Out" - An Explanation

+2

A quick look around you in a public place will readily demonstrate that none of us is immune to the combined powers of gravity and aging. The longer we live and walk this planet, the longer many of our body parts sag and droop. The addition of MORE weight to a sag prone structure as the breast will INCREASE the rate and onset of the natural sagging process.

Bottoming out is a inferior / downward extension of the breast implant pocket resulting in the implant gradualling making its way progressively lower vis a vis the breast resulting in a characteristic unattractive appearanceof the implant inching below the breast.

What INCREASES Bottoming Out rates? Large implants, placement over the muscle, placing implants via a breast fold incision (which commonly weakens the tissues the breast implants sit on), failing to wear properly supportive bras.

In your situations you DO have relatively large implants over the muscle. I would wear the best supportive bras you can find to delay bottoming out.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Bottoming out after a breast implant

+1

The risk of bottoming out is higher with subglandular implants. Exercise or activity that causes the implants to bounce will also increase the risk. Wearing a jogging bra helps a small amount. The quality of the skin on your breast will also affect the risk.

Bottoming out

+1

Bottoming out is dependent upon the size of the implants, and the quality of the soft tissue coverage.  Submuscular ( which are partial) or subglandulat in my opinion will be about the same.

Breast Implants and “Bottoming Out”?

+1

There are certain patients who are at higher risk for “implant malposition” problems.  For example, these patients include those that experienced significant weight gain/loss,  patients with very large breast implants ( on relatively small frames),  and patients with poor skin/tissue elasticity or support ( for example after massive weight loss).

With your specific concerns/situation I would suggest the use of  very supportive bras,  especially when working out.  Otherwise  I hope you enjoy the outcome of your breast augmentation procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm