Bottoming Out After Breast Implants

I am 4 months post op. I had 300cc's in both breasts. I feel that the left one is lower than the right and I'm pretty concerned about it. I went for a 4 month check up several days ago, and my PS said it was fine. Both breasts are soft and move freely. Do you think my left is bottoming out? Or is the right one just taking a little longer to drop?

Is My Left Breast Bottoming Out?

+1

Congratulations to you on picking an excellent plastic surgeon and congratulations to your plastic surgeon on a great post operative result.  Your pre op pictures show some of the characteristics of tubular breasts, and for you to get such a great post operative result means your surgeon did a really good job.  Your surgeon was able to bring your left nipple which was almost in your armpit into a forward facing direction.  Your nipples are truly lined up which they were not pre operatively.  The slight asymmetry that you presently have is completely normal, and in no way do I feel you are bottoming out.  Any slight differences in the bottoms of your breasts can be corrected by an underwire bra. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming Out?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on the pictures you have slight breast asymmetry ( but I would not call it “bottoming out”).  Remember, that absolute symmetry of the breasts cannot be achieved;  overall, I think you have a very nice result  after the breast augmentation procedure.  I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Bottoming out?

+1

Based on the photographs provided, the left breast was higher before surgery and now appears much more even after having the implants placed.   They do not appear to have bottomed.  A physical exam may reveal that the left fold may now be slighly lower than the right but they look like they are within the normal boundaries of the expected breast assymmetry that is found in all women.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon