Bottoming Out? (photos)

I am 6 weeks post op BA. Is it normal for the implant to sit this low?especially when I lay down or have my arms up, the implant slides below the IMF.My PS released my natural IMF bc I did not have enough lower pole right side.My scars go up my breast a little that was clear from start:breasts were very constricted borderline tuberous.Will I need capsulorrhaphy?Does it look like I am bottoming out? I got 375cc silicone HP, under muscle along with a breast lift (staged surgeries about 8 months apart).

Scars

+1

You are still too early inthe post operative healing period. Please give your incisions time to heal and fade

Incision and fold

+1

It is quite possible that your surgeon placed the incison on the breast mound to prevent the scar from being too low. Give it time to heal and then see if you need a revision.

Breast Lift and Implant: Bottoming Out

+1

If you had tuberous breasts before, there is a degree of variability not present in a rounded breast.  The fold usually has to be lowered in these cases.  I usually perform both of these procedures together, but everyone has an opinion on this.   Wait 3 to 6 months before considering revision.

Anchor incision

+1

Thank you for the photos. It looks like your ps put your incsions a little above the IMF which may be considered positive especially if your bikini rides up. Wait 3 months, you will be happy.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Your shape is beautiful!

+1

Your scars in the IMF are positioned a little high on the breast, but this may be due to having the lift and the implants done in staged (separate) procedures.  Give them time to fade, and I'll bet you'll be happy in the end.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Carmen Kavali, MD

IMPLANT POSITION

+1

Thanks for the photos.  It appears that the horizontal incision is placed high onto the breast.  However the implant appears to be contered under the nipple.  Without an exam it is difficult to state whether you may be starting to bottom out.  I would discuss this more fully with your PS.   If you wear an underwire bra 24/7 this may help to hold the position so the implant will not migrate any further south.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

How to know if breast implants have bottomed out

+1

If you ignore the scars and just look at the shape of the breast with your arms at your sides, then the shape should be centered behind the nipple. In the photos it appears that the scar sits above the fold but the shape of the breast is OK. In any case 6 weeks is early to make a final judgment about results.

Richard Baxter, MD

Bottoming Out after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  In the future, you may want to submit pictures with your arms by your side ( frontal and side views) for  a more precise evaluation.  Based on your photographs, your concerns about breast implant positioning are understandable. The main question I would have is whether or not the breast implants will continue to move “south” over the course with next few months or have they reached their long term position.

Of course, your plastic surgeon, who knows  the details of the procedure performed will be in the best position to advise you accurately. He/she may advise the use of relatively tight fitting bras for the next few weeks/months.

At this point, besides exercising patience, there is not much else to do.  Best to evaluate the end results of the procedure performed approximately 6 months out of surgery.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the final position of the breast implants and additional surgery will not be necessary to improve the results.