Am I Bottoming Out? 2 Weeks Post Op. (photo)

Hello, I will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow (7/4). Round saline 410cc implants, incision through areola. Am I bottoming out? My surgeon has not recommended for me to do any sort of massages until I meet back with him at my 4 week post op exam. I am hoping that I just need to be patient and wait for my implants to drop.. My right implant feels tighter than my left, I am right handed so I assume that has some thing to do with it. I have attached photos to show area of my concern

2 weeks post op, am I bottoming out?

+1

Based on the photos you provided, it doesn't appear that you are bottoming out.  You have appropriate swelling associated with your surgery and how far along you are in your recovery.  You look right on track.  As for massaging, every surgeon has a different recommendation as to when to start massaging or if you massage at all.  I know it can be difficult, but try to be patient and be sure to follow your surgeon's post op instructions.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Are My Implants Bottoming Out? - No

+1

Your implants are not "bottoming out.  You are early in the postoperative course and appear to have the normal postoperative swelling.  It takes approximately 3 months for the swelling to resolve.  It is normal for the breasts to feel somewhat differently during this time.  Be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Philip E. Fleming, MD

Bottoming out?

+1

Based soley on your photos, it does not appear that you are bottoming out at all. The breasts will change some more over time as the swelling subsides.

Bottoming out after Breast Augmentation

+1

You have large implants so the skin is still tight and you have some swelling, but there is no evidence of bottoming out on your photos.  Looks like you are right on track with your recovery!

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out implants

+1

From photos your result is early and I see no evidence of bottoming out.

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Questions 2 weeks after surgery

+1

are best addressed by your surgeon.  But you are not bottoming out and you are wearing your strap how I instruct my patients to do so.  Please check with your surgeon as to when to STOP your strap.

Curtis Wong, MD

No evidence of bottoming out at this point.

+1

The implants are large and the breasts are swollen but there is no evidence of bottoming out.

Good Result that will get better

+1

Thanks for the photos. Your implants look fine for 2 weeks. They will settle and feel softer. You are wearing your bandeau correctly. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1

Too early and appears as a very good result. But you need to be seen in person to determine if there is any "bottoming"!! 

Bottoming out 2 weeks post-op?

+1

It is very early to assess your results as your breasts will continue to change over the next couple of months, however based on your pictures shown, I don't think you are bottoming out in the least.  In fact, you look exactly like you should at this stage of the game, and I would bet that ultimately you will have a beautiful result if you follow your surgeon's advice.  I think you are wearing your strap properly as you  want it to be all the way above the top edge of your implants and gently pressing down on them.  Best of luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD