Am I Bottoming out on the Left Side? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation Jan 20, 2012. I love my new breasts but my left breast looks weird when I raise my hands above my head. Im worried that I might be bottoming out. Am I? Or am i freaking out for no reason?

Am I Bottoming out on the Left Side?

+2

The poorly exposed photos still demonstrate the "freaking out" nature of your issue. Best to see your PS to discuss. But I see NO bottom. 

?Bottoming out of breast implant

+2

Based on your photos, it looks to me as if you have an excellent, symmetrical early result.  I see no evidence of bottoming out. 

By all means, share your concerns with your surgeon, but, also, try to relax as you continue to heal.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Bottomed out or a little asymmetry

+2

Your photos show an excellent result and you are not bottomed out on one side. You may have a very small asymmetry in the skin envelope, though you should just relax and enjoy things.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD.

Early results after breast augmentation

+2

Based on your photo and the fact that your surgery was only 5 weeks ago, it is far too soon to be concerned with bottoming out. I would consult with your plastic surgeon for an in person examination and evaluation. Breast implants take a few months to "settle" and sometimes one implant can descend sooner than the other.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Bottoming out?

+2

I agree with the other plastic surgeons that you are not bottoming out. Looking at your first picture, it almost appears that you might have a little curvature of the spine.  This will lead to some asymmetries, and as the others have said, a certain amount of asymmetry is normal.  You appear to have a good result.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out

+2

Thanks for your question, I do not think you are bottoming out and agree you have a great result.  There is a little asymmetry  which is quite normal.  Good luck

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Bottoming out?

+2

From your photographs, it does not appear that you are bottoming out. From the frontal view, your left breast appears lower, but your left shoulder is lower, so that it is likely artifact from that alone. Do not worry, and stay in touch with your surgeon for proper follow up. '

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Bottomng out?

+2

It does not look like you are bottoming out in the photos.  Remember, there is always asymmetry between the two brests. So they will look a bit differently.

Very nice Job

+2

You are not bottoming out.  It is judged with the arms up not down.  Your breast implant are well positioned.  I would give good support with a bra until the capsule is well developed.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Good News - You Are Not Bottoming Out

+1

No two breasts are exactly alike before or after a breast augmentation.  Minor asymmetries always exist when one looks at one's breasts.  Of course, a face to face evaluation of your breasts would be the best way for any Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to give you an absolute answer.  However, from your photographs, I do not see any bottoming out, and in fact, kudos to your plastic surgeon.  He or she did an excellent job.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon