Bottoming out at One Month Post BA? Does the Left Just Need to Still Drop? (photo)

sub-muscle BA, 425cc saline. I thought left was too high and just being slow and right dropping faster, but now I am beginning to think I am bottoming out on the right. The right crease is 3/4 inch lower than the incision and the breast feels loose like I need to hold it up. I had sutures tied to my ribs on both breasts proactively due to little tissue, but thinking the right did not hold. How soon can I revise? What is the recovery time?

Bottoming Out or High Riding Implant?

+2

I would say that the right breast is not bottoming out at this time, as the NAC is centered over the breast mound.  The left implant is still high.  Over time and with vigorous massage this should descend if the pocket was dissected appropriately.  I would recommending waiting and massaging for 3 to 6 months.  The other final thing to consider is whether the left areola was lower than the right to start.

Bottoming out

+2

This does look like bottoming out is the more likely explanation. But at only one month, I would rely on that diagnosis, because the left side still may drop some as it settles. If these look the same at three months, that would be a reasonable time to consider surgery.

Thanks for your question, all the best.

You will need revision of the left side

+1

I would recommend to wait 3 months .Your right breast implant is in good position. The left breast implant has not drop due to the lack of pectoralis muscle release .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast augmentation

+1

Usually breast revision surgery waist for at least 3-4 months until the swelling subsides. Sometimes one waits even longer.