Am I Bottoming Out? BREAST AUGMENTATION- Post Op 6 Days? (photo)

I recently underwent breast augmentation, 6 days post op, most of the swelling has gone down and very little pain if any but I feel as if my breasts are bottoming out. Please let me know if I am confusing "bottoming out" with normal swelling.. is normal for my breasts to look like this soon after surgery?

Breast augmentation 6 days ago, am I bottoming out?

+1

From the photos, it appears that you are doing just fine in the healing process and moving right along.  I know it's difficult, but try not to focus on the appearance right now because it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for them to settle and they will most likely change in shape.  Try to be patient, give it some time and re-evaluate then.  Make sure to discuss your concerns at your follow up visits with your PS. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Early results after breast augmentation

+1

You are only about a week after breast augmentation and you appear to be following a normal healing course. You should see your surgeon for any questions about how things are progressing. It is important to continue with regular followups with your surgeon.

Matthew Schulman, MD

+1

As seen in your posted photos - you have a very very normal recovery. NO bottoming out is seen. Again best to discuss with your chosen surgeon IN PERSON to fully understand the bottoming out defect. 

Swelling after breast augmentation

+1

You look very early post-op with swelling that is very common.  Give it time to heal  and then re-evaluate.

Implants not bottoming out.

+1

I do not see any evidence of bottoming out in the photographs provided. Distance from the areola to the crease is fine.

Normal appearance at 1 week post op breast augmentation

+1

It does not appear that you are bottoming out.  The implant appears high and you have a muscle bulge at the top. This is all normal and will resolve over the next few days. 

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your concerns are understandable when it comes to the appearance of the breasts early out of breast surgery. Generally, the appearance of the breasts tend to improve rapidly over the course of the next few days/weeks. You do not have any signs of “bottoming out” of breast implants.

I would suggest that you exercise patience and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Bottoming out doesn't happen in the first week after surgery

+1

Allow yourself to heal and stay in touch with your surgeon and let your surgeon guide your recovery and address your concerns.  Who would know better then your surgeon?  Trust your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD

Are my breast implants bottoming out?

+1

Bottoming out refers to overstretching of the skin between the nipple and the inframammary fold, resulting in the implant being positioned too low on the chest and the nipple position being too high (on the upper portion of the implant).  Your implants are presently positioned too high on your chest, which is totally normal at 6 days after breast augmentation surgery.  As the swelling decreases and the tissues relax, the implants will "settle" and the nipple position will rise.  I would recommend that you follow-up with your surgeon to be sure that you progress normally.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Am I Bottoming Out?

+1

Bottoming out occurs when the implants lift the breast fold off the chest wall and begin to descend below the level of the fold. This is not happening here. 

I am not certain what you are questioning about your current results. It is common for the implants to be "high riding" for several months with a bulge in the upper pole of the breasts that settles and the pectoral muscle relaxes to accommodate the implant. All the best.