Am I Bottoming out or is It Just Asymmetry from Before my Implant Causing the Right Nipple to Be Higher? (photo)

I am six weeks out from breast augmentation and noticed that my scar on the right side is higher and the nipple is higher. I also noticed on my before picture that I had obvious asymmetry so it could be that is what I am noticing now. Also is he made the incision a little higher on the right side it may be giving me the false illusion that I am bottoming out. I am scheduled to see him in three weeks and don't want to make an issue of something if there is no issue to be made.

Bottoming out??

+2

I am looking at quite a nice  post op result in these photos. The breast mounds are symmetric. The nipple position is not, and was not before surgery, although as commonly occurs, areas of asymmetry may be more noticeable on an enlarged breast. 

The folds were quite asymmetric before surgery, and they look even at this point. No issue regarding the fold that I can see. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Breast Asymmetry after Augmentation

+1

It appears that the right breast implant is in a good position resulting in an excellent overall shape on the right. The left implant is positioned a bit high. This may be due to a preexisting inframammary fold position asymmetry with an insufficient lowering of this fold at the time of surgery. Displacement massage on the left may help to drop the implant and help with settling. If this is not effective, then revision surgery can help.

Thanks for your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Your implnt is not bottoming out

+1

Your right breast is fine as Dr.Johnson noted . You had a lot of asymmetry before surgery and that is not corrected fully. Your Left implant is sitting higher and is not filling the lower pole of the left breast . This can be corrected if you wish. Your surgeon has done a great job and revision surgery in your case is not unusual.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry before breast augmentation

+1

The lower implant which you had suggested has 'bottomed out' is perfect. The fold was indeed asymmetric right to left and the skin envelope more lax giving the nipple a low appearance. Overall you look pretty good, though you might have done better with a lowering of the higher implant, or perhaps a small circumareolar lift to better center the nipple. There is only an issue if it means something to you.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast asymmetry

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your pre op photo as it is not straight on.  However, your post op photo does show that your inframammary folds are asymmetric with your left side slightly higher than the right.  This causes your left nipple to point slightly downward and accentuates the pre op asymmetry.  If your surgeon is agreeable to you doing implant displacement exercises, pushing the implant down on the left side may help.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Am I Bottoming out or is It Just Asymmetry from Before my Implant Causing the Right Nipple to Be Higher?

+1

With very asymmetric appearing breasts I explain in the pre operative phase that 2 operations may be needed to achieve better symmetry. Iyt seems you need a lowering of the left inferior pocket with a left donut lift. 

Bottoming out of breast augmentation.

+1

It does appear that the scar in riding up slightly on the inferior pole of your right breast suggesting that the implant is settleing somewhat. However comparing your pre op photo to the post op photo it appears the the nipple asymetry was present pre op and is no worse.  The shape of your right breast is good and nipple position is near ideal from what I can see on the photo.  The left implant appears to be riding a little higher and would likely give your left breast a more asthetic shape if it settles a little which may and likely will occur some as the left still appears to be a little tight.  At this point I would suggest leaving things alone for several more months.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast post-op

+1

Its important after surgery to massage your breast every day, and attend all your post-op appointments. In our office our patients attend post-op ultrasound treatments to soften the tissue and for the breast to drop evenly. Visit your Doctor he/she would be  able to let you know what therapy can be done to help with the swelling and healing.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric nipples after surgery

+1

Thanks for the photos. It looks like your implants are in a perfect position. You still have months of healing before your results are final. Let me also add that any preoperative asymmetry and ptosis can be accentuated with the surgery.