Pressure at Base of Breast Implants

Possible bottoming out or capsular contraction after 3 weeks - 5'8,115lbs,32aa w/350cc saline. I've noticed that my right breast is firmer/smaller~main concern is that I feel way more pressure at the base and able to feel implant more along the base (near fold-but not below it) and sides. Is it possible that I'm experiencing caps contr/bottoming out?

Early post-breast surgery issues

+1

It certainly is possible to palpate the implant along the lower pole in most cases especially if there is not alot of native breast tissue. You should definitely see your surgeon to be evaluated for your other issues.

Revision breast augmentation is effective.

+1

No idea exactly what's wrong, but it sure sounds like something is wrong.  You certainly have breast asymmetry after breast augmentation.  And where is your plastic surgeon?  See him or her right away, or see another one if you have lost confidence.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

For early breast implant problems go back to your surgeon

+1

This kind of question is impossible for us to answer because we don't know what you looked like before surgery or the technical details of what was done.  For this type of question go right back to your surgeon whom you hopefully trust and ask.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Firmness and size difference 3 weeks after breast augmentation with implants

+1

This truly depends on how you started out. If your right was smaller, it will feel firmer and smaller than the left if similar sized implants were used. Discuss your findings with your surgeon who is best equipped to perform an examination and provide you with a more accurate diagnosis.

3 Weeks Post-Op - Very Early in Healing Process

+1

You are very early in the healing process to really say whether you are developing some CC or bottoming out.  Without pictures, it is hard to give you an idea about what is going on.  You should discuss this with your surgeon, since you are approaching the 1 month mark.  He/she can take a look and give you a better idea. I wouldn't worry, though.  You are so early in the healing that you have a fair amount of changes to go on, and it is normal to feel strange and unusual things for the first month or so.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Pressure at base of breast implants

+1

PHOTOS<photos! Sounds like you have an early capsular fibrosis. Return to your surgeon ASAP for his evaluation. Than follow that course of action.

Regards Dr. B