3 months post op, I'm concern about unevenness. Are my Implants Bottoming Out? (photos)

I am 3 months post op and very concerned about unevenness. Please look at my photos. Is it possible that I have bottoming out after breast augmentation?

Uneven breasts after implant augmentation surgery

+2

Thank you for the excellent photographs. Your creases appear relatively orthotopic and therefore I don't believe you are bottoming out. It also does not appear to be a capsular contracture. I believe the nipple discrepancy was pre-existing and has been made more apparent by the surgery. Of course you could undergo elevation of the right nipple to make it more even but I would not advise that.

Bottoming out?

+1

It would be nice to see pre-op photos to see the difference, but in all likelihood your nipples were at different heights, and unfortunately the implants magnify the difference.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Some degree of asymmetry is normal in non-operated breasts, and this asymmetry may be exacerbated by breast augmentation surgery. Differences in nipple position may not necessarily be corrected with breast augmentation alone.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Look at your photos before the surgery for the answer.

+1

Although you do have a nipple asymmetry and the distance from the nipple to the fold is greater on the left then the right the level of the folds appears to be equal. This latter fact leads me to believe that your asymmetry is based on a asymmetry of your original nipple locations prior to the surgery and not a bottoming out of the left breast. Look at your preoperative photos for the answer. If the asymmetry existed before your augmentation then there is little recourse in correcting it.

David A. Ross, MD

Analyzing photos after breast augmentation.

+1

Analyzing photos after breast augmentation is very difficult when you do not have corresponding pre-operative photos and measurements.  From reviewing your photos it looks MOST like asymmetry of the nipple position which existed pre-op.  The implants are at the same level in the photos.  Look at your pre-op photos and review the measurements that your physician obtained at your consultation.

Breast augmentation surgery does NOT correct asymmetries of nipple position unless you address nipple position with a separate technique.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon