Could I Have Bottomed Out?

I am 4 weeks post op and have been having pain on my left breast. First I noticed my left had dropped and seemed I had bottomed out. I went to see the nurse at my PS office and she reassured me I was ok. After a week I started feeling pain more intense each day. The pain starts on my incision and moves up to my nipple area. Its also painful when I walk, I have to hold my breast it feels like something's loose. Sensitive when I massage too.I have 450cc silicone high profile under muscle.

Persistent pain 4 weeks after breast augmentation, insist on seeing your surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. Although her pain may be normal by 4 weeks after breast augmentation and I would not expect you to be having pain. Therefore I recommend that you insist on seeing your surgeon for an examination and diagnosis instead of seeing the nurse.

Possible bottoming out of a breast implant.

+1

Thanks for the question.  If you continue having pain along the bottom of the breast fold, perhaps your implant may be settling and stretching the inframammary fold.  This may lead to bottoming out, but this is impossible to answer for you without seeing a picture of you.

As I would always advise check with your Plastic Surgeon for proper guidance.

Good luck

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Pain Following Breast Implant Surgery

+1

The changes and pain that you are experiencing may only be a normal reaction to implants. I recommend that you wear a well supported sports bra during recovery. If the pain persists or becomes worse, however, you should consult your surgeon to be safe.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Post op breast augmentation.

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your problem from the description and without photos.  I would recommend you see your surgeon to evaluate you.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast Implant Bottoming Out

+1

From what you describe, it is hard to determine what is going on or if you are just having a normal course after surgery. Perhaps a picture may be more useful to see if you have bottomed out. However, the best option is to ask your surgeon at your next visit.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Photos are helpful, and sometimes essential to allow us to answer your questions

+1

In this case a photo would be required for anyone to answer your question.  Bottoming out happens when the implant starts to slide down and subsequently the nipple appears to be sitting high and pointing upward

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Bottomed out?

+1

It's difficult to answer you question without at least one photo.  Since the plastic surgeon's nurse saw you and said that you didn't have bottoming out, we'll have to assume she knows enough to give you a good assessment.  If she thought you were bottoming out, she may have recommended additional support for your breasts.  Many women have symptoms similar to yours after augmentation (especially with 450cc) due to the weight of the implants stretching tissues and nerves.  Try to make an appointment to see your surgeon and get his or her assessment.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon