Will my Breast Implants eventually even out...or have I bottomed out? If I have, now what? Have I Bottomed out?

Hi, I'm exactly 1 month post operation...and I was wondering if I bottomed out from my left breast? I was extremly flat pre surgery...had absolutley nothing there...and I had 280cc saline impants put in. Will they eventually even out...or have I bottomed out? If I have, now what?

The bottoming out is in your right side

+1

The right thing would be to look and compare your before and after pictures. Your right implant much lower and also medial. This is causing your right nipple to shift higher and also lateral . You will need revision and I would not wait too long .

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Have I Bottomed out?

+1

You do not appear to have bottomed out.  Were your nipples even before surgery?  If so, then you may want to ask your surgeon about placing a breast strap over the breast with the lower nipple- the one on the right when looking at your photo. (the one with the hand that took the picture!)  This can often help strech the capsule during the healing process, thus alleviating the need for future revision surgery.   If your nipples were not symmetric before surgery, then you likely have an amplification of your previous asymmetry.  They will not "eventually even out" on their own.  You may need revision surgery, but it is too soon.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

When an implant has 'bottomed out'

+1

If augmentation is done well an implant 'bottoming out' is fairly uncommon yet it does get a lot of attention and frequent questions. The implant is bottomed out when the highest point of projection lies below the nipple. In contrast an implant is high riding or not settled when the projection lies just above the nipple. Therefore any implant should be centered on the nipple married well into the breast. Based on your photo I think you have some asymmetry. Wait out a year and let your surgeon take a look.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast asymmetry

+1

It does not look like you have bottoming out, but you do have asymmetry. It is always helpful to see what the pre-op photos looked like.  Sometimes this is just normal asymmetry.

Asymmetry following Breast Augmentation

+1

It is difficult to ascertain from the picture that you submitted, but it seems that you are quite asymmetric following breast augmentation.  There are several reasons for this postoperatively, which include preoperative asymmetry, surgical technique, and implant settling.  Your left implant has settled into lower position postoperatively compared to the right implant.  Again, this may be due to any of the reasons I mentioned.  Ultimately, you do have an asymmetry and I would urge you to discuss it with your surgeon to come up with a plan to address your situation.  Best wishes with your result.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

You do not have "bottoming out", but you do have significant asymmetry, and I don't think it will get better on its own, unfortunately.  Of course wait several months, but you may eventually want a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)