Bottomed out or Infection?

I am 4 weeks post op and have been having pain on L breast. First noticed L breast drop, consulted with nurse at my PS and she assured it was ok. Pain then started a week after my sterile tape was removed. I was completely closed only very small scab. Pain starts on my incision and moves to my nipple area. Also painful when I walk, I have to hold my breast. Sensitive when I massage too. Not sure if it could be infection or bottom out. I have 450cc silicone under muscle.

Infection versus bottoming out should be easy to differentiate

+1

Infection usually present with pain, redness, warmth, swelling, and/or fevers.  Not all of these have to be present at the same time but usually several are and the symptoms worsen with time without treatment.

Bottoming out of the implant is usually only represented by the descent of the implant below the fold and lower down on the chest.  Sometimes the soft tissue that lies between the areola and the fold stretches out and this can be another form of bottoming out.

If neither of these are occurring and you are experiencing pain it may be either normal healing process or the traction of the sutures that were used to close the incision on the nerves in the vicinity.  I would recommend that you see you plastic surgeon as he/she should be able to shed some light on the matter.

Dr Remus Repta

Pain and changes after breast augmentation

+1

Pain and changes in breast postion after augmentation

• see my previous comments on healing
  • this type of pain is not uncommon
  • you are still healing
  • motrin should give some relief
  • wear good support
  • your doctor may want to tape under the breast or get better support if t is dropping out