Should I Have my Bottomed out Breast Implant Fixed Before Having Children?

I have breast implants and one has bottomed out slightly. I plan on having children in the next two years and I am concerned that the changes in my breasts during pregnancy will cause the implant to further bottom out, since the skin is already weak in that area. Is this a concern and should I get it fixed before having a baby?

+1

Should I Have my Bottomed out Breast Implant Fixed Before Having Children? my recommendation is to wait

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Surgery before pregnancy

+1

The bottoming out isn't the issue with pregnancy so much , but the breasts may change shape and deflate a bit after kids.  For bad bottoming out, you may want them fixed now.

Revision Breast Surgery and Pregnancy

+1

I advise patients to hold off on breast implant surgery, whether primary or revision, if they are considering pregnancy in the next 1-2 years. It becomes too difficult to predict the changes pregnancy and breast feeding can have on the breasts. And given the fact that you already may need a revision breast surgery, you would not want to risk the chance of having yet another surgery if the pregnancy affects your results. Bottoming out does not cause any increased medical risks so I would advise you to wait until you are finished having children.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Delay Lift to after completing your Family

+1

As you noted, pregnancy will stretch the breasts and often result in more breast sagging. With babies on the way and unpredictable breast changes in both breasts, it would be wiser to postpone all breast surgery to until you complete your family. You would have a much better result this way.