Bottom Teeth Crowded - Braces, Invisalign, Retainer?

I'm 20, I got braces when I was 11, got em off when I was 15. My retainer was horrible, when I wore it my jaw/mouth hurt so bad I had to take advil daily & my speech was so slurred pple couldnt understand me. My ortho told me to suck it up & stop exaggerating. After 4 months I couldnt take it anymore & stopped wearing it. Over the last 2 years my 4 bottom incisor teeth became crooked & harder to clean. What else can I do? If I'd try braces Id need a retainer again. But Invisalign is expensive

There are other options other than Invisalign

+1

There are other ways to straighten the teeth. Braces and Invisalign are the most popular, but a dentist may be able to provide you with other options. Like Clear Correct (a competitor to Invisalign) or Essex which are a home made version of an Invisalign tray. I have treated people who only needed one arch treated and didn't want the expense of Invisalign. It works, but you may have to call around to find a place that can do it.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express would be great for you.

+1

Its less costly and will be easier to use than traditional braces..Also the retainers are easy to wear because they are shaped the same as the aligners were. Dont get the old style retainers. If you want real success then get a lingual arch wire placed behind your lower front teeth that is permanently cemented in that way they wont shift ever again..

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is great for "second time around" cases

+1

Often, the first bout with orthodontia does the lion's share of the work, leaving a mild case when relapse occurs.  In most cases, Invisalign is possible and straight forward.  Many times, Invisalign Express® is possible.

With ANY method of orthodontics, retention is required.  In the end, you will need a retainer.  Retainers that look very similar to Invisalign are very common and may help in your situation, but you need to understand that failure to wear a retainer will start this cycle all over again.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

+1

Sounds like Invisalign would be a great solution to your crowding problem. Invisalign does not hurt. It does not need to be expensive either.

Actually it can be around $100/month.

Hope it helps.

Michael Ayzin, DDS

Michael Ayzin, DDS
Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist