Bottom Lip Too High 3 Weeks Post-Op Chin Implant, Is It Swelling? (photo)

I am 3 weeks post-op chin implant. I still have the inability to move my left lower lip down but I know from other answers it takes time for the nerve to heal, however, I have a new concern. Even on the right side, which moves fine, my lip is up too high when I smile. It comes halfway up my top teeth and you used to be able to see all of my top teeth before. Is that from swelling? Will my bottom lip move down more as it heals? Will my smile go back to what it was? I had a beautiful smile.

+2

Much, much tooooo early to determine if you have an issue. Wait at least 3 to 6 months to allow full healing. 

Early Chin Implant Swelling

+2

At three weeks after chin implant surgery, you are far from the final result and the settling of tissues around the implant. While swelling will go down and more lip movement will continue to improve, it will take a full three months before you can assess the final result after chin augmentation surgery.

Web reference: http://www.eppleychinaugmentation.com/

Lip position after chin implant

+2

Please be patient.  You mentioned that it is only 3 weeks after your surgery, and it is not unusual in that time frame for swelling to still cause uneveness of your lips.

Web reference: http://www.antell-md.com/newyorkplasticsurgeon/chin_implants_nyc.htm

Chin implant swelling

+1
Dear Scared, You still have a beautiful smile. You are also still swollen. You need to be patient before assessing the result. It does take a while for healing and right now it is a bit premature to rush to any judgments.