Bottom out or Capsular Contracture? (photo)

Dear doctors I am 4 weeks post op breast augmentation and I noticed my left breast is looking slightly different. I have no pain and I switched to a underwire bra one week ago. I'm not sure if this will go away or if I'm bottoming out or cc. Should I massage the breast? Please help!!

Breast Fold After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Unfortunately, without pre-op photos and the full details of your surgeries it is not possible to provide you with a solid explanation to the fold that is shown in the photos.

The crease may not be the effect of an implant bottoming or a capsular contracture but without physical examination one cannot be too sure about your case.

Therefore, I recommend that you communicate what is happening with your breasts with your surgeon.

Thank you for your inquiry.

I hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Comparison with before surgery photo and other breast will be important

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Its difficult to know what exactly is causing the contour irregularity you are pointing out without looking at your before surgery photo and comparing it to the other breast.  It will be interesting to find out if the contour irregularity changes when you flex your chest muscle as well as if your breast is becoming firmer.  Please feel free to post additional photos and add additional information as above.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bottom out or Capsular Contracture

+1

There is a visible fold, the cause of which is not clear from the photo alone. This is not bottoming out, nor is it likely to be capsular contracture. It would be helpful to see both breasts in the photo, and if possible a pre-surgery view.

However, only an in person exam is likely to determine the cause, so a visit to your surgeon is in order. 

Bottoming out or Capsular contracture

+1

Your photograph shows a crease. I am not sure if this is swelling, a photograhic shadow and artifact or real. You are so early post op that coming to any conclusions at this time is not possible.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS