Latisse Applicators - How to Make Them Last

How Can 1 Bottle of Latisse Last Up to 2 Months if There Are Only 30 Applicators Per Box? Can You Use the Same Applicator?

Latisse Applicators

+1

Thank you for your question.  Although the FDA approves the bottle for 1 month's worth of Latisse and supplies 30 applicators - some patients use 1 applicator for each eye therefore giving them 60 days worth.  Others choose to buy eyeliner brushes (but that may become expensive).  You should be careful in sharing the applicator between the two eyes if one eye has an infection or is red.... you don't want to contaminate the other eye.  Most patients don't have a problem with using 1 applicator for both eyes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/latisse.htm

Use 1 applicator for both eyes, giving you 60 days worth

+1

I suggest to use 1 applicator for both eyes, giving you 60 days worth of applicators.  Some of my patients tell me they prefer to buy a regular eyeliner brush and use it instead, so that is an option as well.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/

Making Latisse last

+1

Although it is important to follow the directions in your Latisse kit, you can make it last longer by

1. Putting a drop of the medication in the cap
  2. Dip one applicator and use it on both eyes
  3. It is very important that you maintain the cleanliness of the bottle. Do not "double dip" if your eyes are red or irritated
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Latisse bottles can last 2+ months with this tip!

+1

Using the minimum amount of Latisse necessary per application will yield more treatments per bottle and will minimize the risk of eyelid irritation from excess product. Tip: turn the cap of the Latisse bottle upside down, and place one drop of Latisse into the cap. Then, dip the tip of your brush into the solution and apply it precisely to the upper lashlines. You'll find that only the one drop is necessary to treat both eyes. After a few seconds, blot any excess solution from your eyelids and the outer corners of the eyes to prevent irritation or unwanted pigmentation from developing there.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse applicators and cost savings

+1

It is possible to reuse Latisse applicators, however, I would not suggest reusing them more than once or twice.  Keep the applicators in a clean container/area.  If cost is a concern, once you have achieved the thichness/lenght of the lashes you desire - usually in 3 to 6 moths -  a number of patients have noted that they have been able to maintain their eyelash results even when they decreased the applications to every other day. 

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Making Latisse Last

+1

We advise most of our patients to apply Latisse nightly using the same applicator brush for both eyelids. This is not only easier and takes less time, it helps to make the bottle of Latisse last much longer. I have not seen any problems with eye infections thus far but if you have an obvious infection in one eye you should not use the same applicator brush for both eyes.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How many applicators does it take to grow lashes?

+1

Good question gapeachy!

There are definitely far more drops in the bottle than applicators in the box.  Two ways our patients (and staff)  have reported dealing with this issue and none have resulted in any problems:  1)  reuse the same applicator (just one) for the entire bottle.  This actually conserves product with each use and doesn't seem to pose any risk of infection or contamination because you don't actually dip the brush in the Latisse and you should be applying it to a freshly cleaned lid.  2) Along the same line of thinking as #1, some patients have opted to disregard the included applicators altogether and go with a very small makeup brush or eye makeup applicator. (also reusing the same one)   These aren't the indications on the package but our patients have been extremely happy and no one has reported any infections, etc.

Good luck! Enjoy your new long lashes!

Dr. Grant Stevens          

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Stretching Latisse across 2 months

+1

I am not suggesting you do anything contrary to the instructions labeled with the product.  However, I know that there are 60 applicators in the box (30 pairs of brushes), and instead of using one drop, on one brush, for each eyelid, many women are using one brush for both upper lids per daily application over a 2 month period.  If you do this, just be aware of the possibility of introducing bacteria from one eyelid to the other leading to itching or irritation.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon