Received 30 Units of Botox for my 11s but See Little Difference, Normal?

I received 30 units of botox 2 weeks ago for my # 11's.I see little difference in the muscle.I really dont know what to do. I went to a plastic surgeon 6 months ago and got only 20 units and it was fine.I went to a regular MD this time her prices were more reasonable.I realize that either 1. she dosent know how to inject botox in the correct spots or 2. she diluted it down to water. What can I do to insure this gets fixed right? Do I go back for a touch up? Isnt 30 units enough for this area?

Return to your injector to discuss your concerns

+1
Please return to your injector and express your concerns, as they may suggest a suitable resolution. However, you may also want to get a second opinion form another experienced board certified plastic surgeon (or return to the first one you saw). 

Botox for the 11's

+1

30 units is an awful lot for this area and I believe is seldom necessary (if ever) to inject this area alone - unless you had very dense muscles, which is unlikley in most women. I would choose another provider for your next session for less Botox and better outcomes.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox success is in the hands of the injector

+1

You should give the regular MD a chance and return to her to discuss your results.  She may be able to retreat you to your liking.  It is always best to have treatments with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon so you can achieve the best possible results.  It can save you money in the long run and you will be happier with your treatments.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

30 Units of Botox for 11s

+1

30 units is typically sufficient for the 11s.  Contact the injector to be checked. Dilution, the age of the solution, how many units are injected and where they are injected may impact the efficacy of a treatment. This is an indication why it is more economical to go to an experienced and expert injector. Lower price per unit will not yield better results or even better economics necessarily.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Botox for forehead lines.

+1

Hi lizzytish. I think you answered your own question: 30 units 2 weeks ago didn't work, but 20 units 6 months ago did.  Experience of the injector trumps price anytime.

Allison J. Stocker, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist

+1

There are numerous factors influencing how affective neurotoxins like Botox, Dysort and Xeomin are when injected.  Dose, placement and how long the toxin has been reconstituted among them.  

Botox to 11s

+1

Speaking as a board certified plastic surgeon, results with botox will vary according to the number of units, which correlates with the amount of muscle activity, depth of injection, and dilution. I recommend that you continue your injections with the doctor that gave you the best results irrespective of the price difference.

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Botox for the 11s

+1

Well, 30 units is 30 units no matter what the dilution.  So, if 30 units of Botox (Allergan manufactured and distributed) is injected properly to the glabellar complex, most women will have the desired outcome.  I note women because men often require more units.  A  2 week follow-up appointment with your physician is always a good idea to assess is additional Botox is needed.  Furthermore, I strongly encourage using a dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or occuloplastic surgeon to provide your future treatments.

Lesley Clark-Loeser, MD
Hollywood Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for the glabella

+1

Thirty units should be fine for the glabella. Possibly the injections were in different insertion sites than the plastic surgeon's and you won't get improvement even if you have more units injected by the same doctor as did your most recent Botox. Possibly you may wish to go back to the plastic surgeon whose Botox injections made you happy.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox Efficacy

+1

Botox's efficacy (it's ability to produce the desired result) is related to many factors - dilution, the age of the solution, how many units are injected and where they are injected.  There is also variation between different individuals given the same dose in the same location.  I find that the best results are achieved when the Botox is freshly mixed with 2.5 cc and injected directly into the corrugator muscles.  I "pinch" the muscle between my fingers and inject the mixture into several points along the muscle belly. 

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon