1 Week After Botox to Forehead and Frown Lines my Brows Have Started to Droop, Is this Likely to Get Worse?

It is 6 days since i had botox on my forehead a nd between brows,under my brows appear swollen a bit and drooped a small bit,is this likely to get worse,also if botox sets in a few hours why can you get drooping brows weeks later.I stayed out the gym but want to go back tomorrow,but im afraid lifting weights and cardio will cause drooping,as i read in one report to avoid the gym for two weeks,also i use lots of force lifting weights,please advice thanks

Drooping brow 1 week after Botox

+2

This is likely due to over treatment of the forehead lines.  The good news is that you may still get some brow elevation to offset this at about 2 weeks post injection (or you can have it done if you did not get injections at the midpoint of your brows above the pupil).  This comes from the relaxation of the frown muscles which takes about a week longer to set in than the initial blocking of contraction that you get within the first week of injection.  If you choose to have your forehead lines treated in the future, I would recommend that they only inject in the top 1/2 of your forehead and maybe use a more conservative dose.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Brows drooping after Botox

+2

Overinjection into the glabella area, or injection too low above the eyebrows, can cause a droop in the eyebrows themselves. The fortunate thing about Botox is that it's not permanent, so this will resolve. But it will also take some time, probably a month or so to resolve. As your muscles start to work a bit again, it will allow the brow to raise back up. It doesn't matter if you lift weights or do anything strenuous, it won't make any difference.

The onset of Botox starts in a few hours, but it can take up to 10 days for all the muscles to be fully affected by the neurotoxin - this is why you'll see some muscles change a few days after others, and if you will get a brow drop like you've experienced, why it's not immediate.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Forehead Botox treatment problems

+1

The corragator muscle is interwoven with the frontalis muscle.  The corragator muscle creates the vertical glabellar creases and this muscle is a depressor of the inner aspect of the brow so this muscle will cause an elevation of the medial brow.  If the injection is performed too high or if the  Botox spreads superiorly then the frontalis muscle can be effected and this causes the brow to drop.

Botox for forehead and frown lines

+1

If too much Botox was injected into your forehead lines, it can cause a heavy sensation and lowering of the brows.  It can take up to 12 days to see this effect and it can last about 6 to 8 weeks before your brows will start to lift again.  Hopefully you are being treated by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Mention lowering of your brow at your next visit so the dosage can be adjusted.

You can exercise 4 hours after receiving Botox injections.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Dropping of brow after Botox

+1

Although the Botox starts to bind quickly and doctors allow patients to bend over after several hours, the muscle relaxation can take up to two weeks to see the maximum effect.  If your forehead has sagged in the past and your forehead muscle is constantly trying to keep it up, then botox can relax its function to the point that your forehead will drop to where it was trying to go but for the effect of the forehead muscle.  It may drop slighlty further in the next week. If you didn't have many units injected in the glabella or outer eyebrows, this might help lessen the depressor effect of those muscles and might give your forehead some lift.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox and drooping

+1

The final effects of Botox can take up to 10 days, so the ability to cause an eye droop can occur at any time up until then.  By this time the Botox has affixed itself to whatever motor endplates it was going to attach to, so I think going to the gym will not have any effect on what you have and will not make it any worse.  This problem can be form over injection but more commonly is of the injection technique being too close to the muscles that lift the eyelid.

Julio Garcia, MD

1 Week After Botox to Forehead and Frown Lines my Brows Have Started to Droop, Is this Likely to Get WOrse?

+1

Most likely, the results of the forehead Botox injections have already peaked at 6 days.  Next time you may want to avoid having the neurotoxin (Botox, Dysport or Xeomin) placed within 2 finger widths of the eyebrows in order to prevent eyebrow droop.  Understanding and following the proper aesthetics of facial beauty is important in all plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures, including Botox Injections.