Should I be Able to Cause Indentations in my Brow After Botox?

My Dr injected botox into my frown lines 6 wks ago as part of my fractional C02 laser treatment. This smoothed the lines & lifted my brows a little & looks great. But if I rub my right or left brow absent mindedly or press too hard when washing, my brows start dramatically pushing in &/or upward for a few minutes & I look freakish.

I have new lines. He will touch it up next week, but I have never heard of this happening. This is my first Botox (maybe last!). Dr. is very experienced & reputable.

Swelling after Laser Resurfacing of Face and Forehead

+2

The indentations, of the forehead are most likely an indication that your forehead is still swollen from the Laser.  This should subside over the next week or two. 

Indentations after Botox?

+2

Hi Denim.  It's hard to envision exactly what you mean by the brows pushing inward or upward without a photo.  

With that said, Botox simply relaxes the muscles in the injection area so we are not sure how this fact would relate to the issue you are describing any more so than if you had not been injected with Botox.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox and resurfacing for brow creases

+1

Indents should not be caused by botox.  What you may be describing is edema, or tiny swelling in the dermis from the laser resurfacing and this type of pitting is temporary. Ask your doctor for reassurance.

Ronald Shelton, MD