Botox Between Eyes. Still Have Lines But Softer?

I just had 20 un Botox between my eyes and the result is that good than I was expecting I still have the lines but softer and I can also make angry expression , the dr said he can add 15 more un is that a little to much? I am 37 year old.

Dosing botox

+3

20 units is often enough for good effect in this area though I typically use 25.  More botox of course usually means higher cost so it's always a balance for each patient. Some patients get up to 40 units if they have lots of muscular action in the area.  Adding more is certainly reasonable in many cases like yours but I would wait 2 weeks to assess the final effect of what you've had... 

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox between eyes, do I need more?

+3

Usually I use 25 units in this area. I'm unsure when you had it done but it can take up to 10 days for the effects to fully kick in from Botox. If after that point you can still move the muscles and you want more, I'd start with 10 units.

Botox works great for forehead lines

+2

The best thing to do at this time is to wait atleast 10 days after your inital injections to see the full effect your botox treatment will have on your forehead. At that time, if you feel you could benefit from additional treatment you could have more units added.  Your provider maybe able to correct you without   having to add the additional 15 units.  Most  practices offer touch up treatments to their patients without any additional cost.

Fort Myers Dermatologist

It's normal to still have lines after your very first Botox treatment for frown lines, but more might also help.

+1

Sol, Many people expect the frown lines between the eyebrows to completely disappear after the first treatment, but it's normal that they don't right away. The deep creases in the skin are formed by years and years of frowning folding that skin, and the lines become etched in. Keeping up the treatments with Botox or Dysport every 3 to 4 months without letting it fully wear off between is what will gradually help the lines fade away, since your muscles aren't reactivating in between to crease the skin deeply again.

Two other factors can help:

1) If the lines are extremely deep at first, very experienced, cautious, board-certified CORE cosmetic specialty physicians (dermatologic surgeons, plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeons) may feel comfortable injecting a very tiny bit of hyaluronic acid filler (Restylane or Juvederm) just under the wrinkle to lift it faster. But do NOT let anyone do this who is not a fully board-certified surgical specialist MD trained in this field since this has a high risk.

2) Sometimes if muscles around the glabella are "recruiting" nearby muscles to do their work since they are weak, your doctor may inject a small amount of extra Botox to settle those too. Sometimes switching to Dysport will help if Botox doesn't do the trick, or vice versa. Good luck with your treatments!

Web reference: http://www.ArtofDermatology.com

Lines After Botox

+1

Everyone is different. Some people have very strong glabella muscles. Is this your first time getting injected here? If so, you may need more units.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/botox.html

Botox for angry frown lines

+1

If you are still unhappy with your Botox result in two weeks, please return to your injector for assessment.  If you still have too much movement, you may require more Botox.  If you do not have much movement and still have lines, you may be a candidate for filler.

Toronto Dermatologist

Will Botox Completely Remove Lines and Expression?

+1

Botox when done properly should still allow you to make expression, just with either no lines or softer than before depending on the amount injected and how deep the lines were previously.  Botox is a muscle receptor inhibitor meaning it will stop the muscle from pulling down on the skin, making visible lines.

If this was after two weeks and you still see a lot of expression, I recommend scheduling a follow up with the physician who injected it. At my practice we perform Botox by the area and we always schedule two week follow ups to make sure we have fully taken care of our patient’s concerns. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for lines between eyes

+1

I almost always use 20 units to treat the glabellar area you are describing.  I place 10 units into each corrugator muscle unless it is a male patient who has never had Botox placed before and may require additional product to inhibit muscle action.  

I always see my patients back at two weeks as they are counseled that Botox will typically have reached its maximal effectiveness at this point.  If there are still lines in the glabella,they often require some placement of a hyaluronic acid filler to help resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for frown lines

+1

Some frown lines can completely resolve after botox takes effect in 7-14 days. Other frown lines are "etched" in that location because of years of frowning.  The latter type of lines will "soften" but not completely resolve after the botox.  A great way to test for this is to stretch the skin taught over the mid forehead frown lines. Generally, if you can stretch the lines out then botox should do close to the same. If you still see a line when the skin is taught, then the botox will likely soften the lines but not eliminate the lines completely.

I usually recommend about 18-30 units in a female brow depending on the strength of your muscles there.   Hope this helps.

Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Too much?

+1

If you still have frowning movement and it is more than 2 weeks since your injections, AND you are unhappy, you can certainly have your botox topped up

London Facial Plastic Surgeon