Botox in Forehead and Having Trouble WIth Eye Movement?

I went for Botox in my forehead. I went on the Thursday, by the Friday my left eye looked slightly smaller than the other. By Saturday my left eye was completely closed. I can not lift my left eyelid. My eyebrows are perfect and so is my forehead except my eye is closed. How do I get rid of this or get my eye back to normal. My doctor said it should last a week or two. Is that true. How long will it take for my eyelid to open by itself and what can I do to make it go faster and better sooner.

Botox to Forehead and Eyelid Ptosis

+1

Botox to forehead depending upon location and amount can produce ptosis of the eyelid in a small percentage of cases.  There are medications to help improve the degree of ptosis until the Botox effect is gone.

Botox and eyelid closing

+1

It's not common for an eyelid to completely close, however, I would definitely follow up with your provider for further assessment and to help you with options if you have true eyelid ptosis.

Sam Naficy, MD

Eye closed with Botox

+1

Samanthajane, This can happen although I have never seen an eye completely closed. You can use a prescription eye drop a few times a day and you should have a lot of improvement by two weeks. Some people even think that Naphcon works well and you can get that in drugstore. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Eyelid closed after Botox

+1

This is a very rare complication. There are prescription eyedrops that can help with eyelid ptosis. Contact your injector for a prescription. Your case is the most extreme I've heard in long time. Full closing of the lid happens so, so rarely.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Droopy eye after Botox

+1

This problem is a rare complication of Botox injections. It is caused by diffusion of Botox into the muscles that elevate the lid. It may last 2-3 weeks, so you may want to use an eyedrop that helps to open the eye. This can be prescribed by your  physician.

Christine Brown, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon