How Often Should I Botox?

Length of Botox Results

+1

Hi Alohaaleja, Most of our Athens Botox® patients will see wrinkle reduction effects for 3-4 months before needing reinjection.  Because each patient is different, it’s best to first undergo the treatment and see how long the wrinkle-relaxing results last for you before committing to a treatment schedule.

Athens Plastic Surgeon

Botox and treatment spacing

+1

Depending on how long your treatment lasts, it's wise to allow the Botox to wear off - sometimes this means between 3 and 4 months.

Sam Naficy, MD

How often to have Botox?

+1

The longevity of Botox is normally about three to six months.  This can vary somewhat from person to person and I do find some people where the effects can sometimes last longer than six months.  In the instances where it does last longer, most of the patients have been treated multiple times in the past.  Some patients prefer to wait until the effect is completely worn off, while some like to come in when there is return of some, but not all, movement.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Frequency

+1

Patients are frequently wondering how regularly to have botox treatments. Generally, botox lasts between 3 - 6 months with botox lasting longer in the forehead than around the eyes. This range can vary significantly among patients as individual preferences regarding appearance and different patients respond differently to botox. Most patients have Botox between two to four times a year depending on the area and preferences.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Botox lasts from 4 to 6 months

+1

I generally tell patients that Botox lasts from 4 to 6 months in the forehead and usually 3 to 4 months around the eyes.  I explain to patients that it depends on how frozen you want the areas.  Most patients do Botox two or three times a year depending on the area.  It is always a good idea to keep the area frozen since this will prevent you from developing winkles.

Michele S. Green, MD