Botox 6 Weeks Ago for Frown Lines and Creases Stay For 1 Hour. How Long Does it Take For it to Wear Off?

I had Botox 6 weeks ago. I just had it for my frown lines. If I sleep on my left hand side I get a sleep crease above my left eyebrow and takes about 1 hour to ease. And on the right side above my eyebrow there is like a little roll across right eyebrow. I wish I'd never got it done. It's affecting the way I round my day to day life. How long does it take for the Botox to start wearing off.

Botox and sleep wrinkles

+1

The sleep crease above your left eyebrow was not caused by Botox, but by sleeping on your left side.  If it had been caused by the Botox, it would remain and not fade in an hour.  Try to sleep on your back or use a different pillow. 

The roll across your right eyebrow may require a little more Botox for adjustment.  Please return to your injector and show him your concerns.  He would want to know if you are not happy and will try to adjust your treatment so you can enjoy the benefits of Botox.  The second option would be to have Botox treatments with another experienced injector.

Toronto Dermatologist

+1

You can move your forehead muscles up and down throughout the day making the Botox wear off more quickly.  Either way, the Botox will only last 3-4 months with decreasing effects beginning around 2 months.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Botox

+1

It's a shame you had a bad experience with your treatment, Botox is a wonderful way to treat wrinkles. But to Answer your question Botox will wear off in 3-4 months.

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox will wear off between 12 to 16 weeks

+1

Most people notice full muscle activity close to four months after Botox injections and there should be no long term results as the skin's lines and muscle function returns to normal.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Botox usually lasts about 3 months

+1

Botox works well to soften various types of lines created by muscle motion on the face.  In the vast majority of patients, the results are as desired.  Unfortunately, as with any procedure, less than desirable outcomes can and do occur.  Fortunately, in those instances, the effect of Botox wears off over a period of about 12 weeks.  The symptom you're seeing will likely start to soften and resolve over the next few weeks.

Lancaster Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox lasts 2 to 6 months

+1

Botulinum toxin lasts from 2 to 6 months in most people. (the studies in Botox's literature were performed out to 4 months).

Sleep lines are different from Botox lines: it is possible that you did not notice this happening before, but it was likely happening before you had the Botox. It may be that the '11's' you had before your treatment obscured the line you were getting from sleeping on your face.

The 'roll' you are getting on the right side may be the result of the treatment...may I suggest you show it to your injector so (s)he can see what is going on before it wears off? First, it may be correctable with a very small amount of additional Botox to make you more satisfied with your treatment. Second, should you decide to do it again in the future, it would help to see what the effect of your treatment was that you do not like, so the treatment may be modified to avoid the parts you do not like about it. If they do not know about it, they cannot help you with it!

Good or bad, the treatment is not permanent. It will go away!

Savannah Plastic Surgeon