Swollen Eye and Droopy Eyelid After Botox for Frown Area

i got botox for the frown area i got 15 units only 5 shots.i only felt the last one it made me jump. and the next day i notice that; that eye got a little swollen more than the other one or is it a eyelid droopy how can i tell and if so how long does it take to go back to normal.the place had great. it was great place and they lot of exprience.i regreat getting it i don't like the way my eyes look is not much just a little but i can still tell and it makes me feel very sad. help!

Botulinum Toxin (Botox and Dysport) and droopy upper eyelid and swollen lower eyelids

+2

Botulinum Toxin (Botox and Dysport) can relax the muslces of the lower eyelids resulting in swollen lower eyelids. Generally speaking this should resolve by 5 months after injection but could wear off sooner. However, Lopidine, could ease the effects of the droopy eyelid.

Botox to the frown area

+1

If you are unhappy with the appearance of the Botox, you should see your physcian to see if there is an adjustment that can be made, but this is purposely usually not done for about two weeks after treatment. the result that you have now can last for three to four months.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox - swollen eye

+1

First of all, I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  I'd recommend you go back to the place you got BOTOX and talk to your doctor about your concerns.  They will be able to evaluate what's going on and explain to you what to expect from the healing process and what your BOTOX effects will be.  One day after treatment is too early to see the final results.  But you need to have a conversation with your doctor so you have a better understanding of your procedure.

Dr. Cat Begovic

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Botox to frown lines

+1

When the frown lines are injected in between the eyebrows , it paralyzes the corrugator muscles. It has little impact to lower the brow.