Is 18 Years Old Too Young for Botox?

I'm eighteen years old and I need Botox really bad. I have a lot of little wrinkles under my eyes that I want to get rid of. Am I to young for Botox?

Hello ghettobootybaybay...interesting question in regard to age when botox may be apporpiate

+1

of course there's no universal answer since botox is a medicine used to treat specific problems...assuming there are no medical or psychological issues, on average 18 is very young...on the other hand, some young people may have specific problems that at times warrant earlier than normal intervention...you need to see a reputable dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine if you are an exception to the general rule of waiting till older...good luck...

Botox at age 18

+1

I agree with everyone else who all said that you were too young for this treatment.  If you disagree, please re post the question with photos.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes.

+1

While I am advocate of preventative Botox and its use in the 20s age range, 18 is too young to begin Botox. First, Botox is not ideal for the lines underneath the eyes. Second, Botox is ideally used for lines that remain after constant muscle movement - at 18, you are very unlikely to have residual lines after movement. I would recommend waiting about 4 years before beginning Botox. You will have not lost anything by waiting.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Yes

+1

I am editorializing here and everybody, patients and physicians, have their own opinion, but I wonder where society has lapsed when an 18 year old poses this question. Asking this, reflects on a society that is way too obssessed with trivialities and trinkets. Movies, magazines, television cater to the fanciful whimsey of looks over substance. Not to seem nasty, but you would be better served developing your personality and educating yourself at this juncture in life.

One of the greatest charms of youth is that you do NOT need to even thnk about things like Botox. Others have said this far more eloquently than I could ever hope, so I will cease here.

Besides, Botox can be very difficult to inject under the eyes, and I would be hesitant to recommend it.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Botox for an 18 year old

+1

Botox can be administered to neonates for a condition called torticollis but that is considered a medical condition.

The use of botox in an 18 year old for cosmetic reasons is controversial on several different levels.

From your standpoint this would be only a temporary fix. Maintenance is required.

Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon and review the risks prior to initiating treatment