Botox Has Worsened Already Paralyzed Frontalis Eyebrow Muscle, Can Anything Be Done?

Previous paralysis of one eyebrow 8 mo.after coronal brow lift, when doctor injected Botox above inner eyebrow.Site bled, was sore with lump,needle mark for 3 mo.before laser.Now 1 year after surgery, brow only moves at outer edge,no movement where Botox was.Tried rubbing Botox area,makes red spot,but less sore. Was Botox in"sack"under needle mark? Eyebrows1"difference,looks horrible-like stroke victim.Wish I never had ANYTHING done! Advising 2yr.wait is horrid.VERY discouraged!Any hope-Advice?

No real treatment for truly paralyzed nerve

+1

If a nerve branch is truly paralyzed, there is no intervention that can accelerate the potential nerve healing. Sometimes the nerve will heal and regenerate. Other times it will not. Its possible that is why your surgeon wants you to wait a couple of years.

A second opinion is definitely a good idea. Photos with and without raising eyebrow would also be helpful.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox , brow lift, brow asymmetry

+1

Your case seems a bit complicated because it involves both surgery, Botox, and lasers..  Botox usually wears off in 3-4 months, so I would like to know when Botox injected.  A photo of your eyebrows at rest and raising them would also be helpful.  Hang in there, I really think the photos may help decide corrective measures.  Lana Long, M.D.

Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon

It is reasonable for you to get some other opinions.

+1

I am so sorry to read about your issues.  You sound very frustrated with the situation.  You did not tell us where you live but I recommend that you consider getting other opinions.  This can be very helpful.   A two year wait seems like an unreasonably long period of time.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.