Botox is Not Working To Lift My Brows, and My Outer Eyebrows Are Frozen

I am 22. I had botox next to the outer part of my eyebrows and eyes in march and the results were amazing lifting my eyebrows. After one month I put fillers in my eyebrows area but I did not like the results and decided to get rid of them with hyaluronidase. Two months later, I had to do botox again in the same places BUT botox did not work this time and been trying every three months untill now but botox is not working. And when I contract my forhead, the outer part of my eyebrows stays frozen.

Botox and fillers for lifting eyebrows

+1

Without examining you it is impossible to say what is the cause of your eyebrow changes.  Possibly, the filler is not all dissolved by hyaluronidase, and the weight of the filler is restricting some motion.

Botox for Brow Lift

+1

If your brows are not moving after Botox, then the muscle responsible for lifting the brows (the frontalis muscle) has been paralyzed by Botox (This is if you can easily move your eyebrows with your hand and they are not stuck down to the bone). I would suggest considering letting everything wear off as the placement of the Botox is incorrect causing "frozen eyebrows". Try again to get the Botox brow lift that you like, and I recommend having a qualified professional administer the Botox so that you get the desired result you seek

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for lifting eyebrows

+1

The location or placement of your last several Botox injections may be causing this problem.  Your description seems consistent with being injected too high on the lateral (sides) of the forehead that would then cause the appearance that you described when lfiting your forehead.  Injecting here is not how a lateral brow lift is achieved. 

We would suggest telling your story to a new injector to see if this provides a better outcome.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox in the eyebrows

+1

You probably have Botox still in the brow area, this is why more Botox is not working. I would not do anything for 6 months and then retry the Botox again.

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox not working to lift my brow

+1
It appears that you want a great deal to be done fast. That, in itself is good, but the way you have done it doesn't seem to work. I agree with the other drs who advised you to wait for 6 months. Even though this would be the best course of action, it may prove difficult to do. With the Botox properly injected, at age 22, you may get enough of a brow lift without the need for fillers. Always make sure that you are treated by an experienced, Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Botox for Eyebrow Lift

+1

It sounds like you had too much Botox injected into your frontalis muscle, which is the muscle that elevates your brow when you contract your forehead.   Too much Botox in the frontalis will cause an eyebrow droop.  The lateral eyebrow lift is achieved by injecting small amounts of Botox into the tail of the eyebrow to block the lateral orbicularis oculi muscle.  This is the muscle which pulls down the lateral brow when you close your eyes.  I would let everything wear off and then try a different injector who is skilled in using Botox to shape the brow. 

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Botox is Not Working To Lift My Brows, and My Outer Eyebrows Are Frozen.  Try leaving everything alone for 6 months and then redo the Botox and see if you get the desired results.

Botox and "Frozen" Outer Brows

+1

Please do nothing until all of your muscles are functioning normally.  You have had too many procedures done in too short of a time frame.  Once everything has worn off, start Botox again slowly.  Be sure your injector stays away from your upper lateral brow, does not inject past your mid pupillary line, and stays at least one centimeter above your brow at all times.  This will allow movement in your lateral brows.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox and lateral brow

+1

If you had a nice result with botox and now after a repeated injection you do not, perhapos you need someone else to perform the injection.

Botox not working and eyebrows are frozen

+1

At 22 years of age, after already having had multiple Botox injections, fillers, and hyaluronidase, it appears to me you have had too much too soon. I recommend you take a break from all treatments for the next 6 months to let everything return to normal. Anyone can inject Botox and fillers but doing it safely and correctly requires a comprehensive understanding of functional anatomy to maximize outcomes. Each patient needs to be thoroughly assessed and have a specific treatment plan developed based on patient desires and a comprehensive aesthetic evaluation. It is as much an art as it is a science. And there is no substitute for experience. Next time, choose your physician injector more carefully and you will not likely have such a bad outcome.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon