Botox Didn't Work for Eye Wrinkles - Should I Get Fillers?

Hi team thanks to your responses from my past question - i got botox twice now with a leading surgeon under my lash line and also in my temples to try and weaken the muscle which is causing my horrid eye wrinkles when i smile. The lady has now suggested fillers to plump up the skin under my eye which would result in there not being that fold of skin when i smile as it would be nice and plump. Any comments before i go ahead? thanks team!

Blepharoplasty, not fillers!

+2

Your photos reveal a candidate for a lower eyeld surgical lift.   You need surgery, fillers will be useless according to your photos.  Get more opinions from 3 ABPS FACS surgeons.   You need more evaluation.   Good Luck.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for under-eye wrinkles

+1

This is an excellent case for fillers and Botox. I was the first person to use Botox under the eye for eye widening as well as the first to employ a 32 gauge needle for Restylane in the tear trough. I remember when Michael Kane gave me credit for the latter. First, employ Restylane with a 32 gauge needle  to fill in the tear trough. Then place 2 units of Botox under he skin directly below the pupil. You might just shock yourself on the degree of improvement you achieve.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Pinch Blepharoplasty can beat Botox results.

+1

I have used Botox beneath the eye with mixed results.  Some people like it, most find it to be an uncomfortable waste of time and money.  Pinch blepharoplasty, an abbreviated type of lower eyelid surgery (local only, no anesthesia recovery) is often the answer.  It's long lasting (years) and does a lot more than Botox in this area.  My website has before and after photos of Pinch Blepharoplasty.  

Fillers can be a good option for wrinkles in the skin

+1

Yes. Fillers can be a good option for wrinkles in the skin, you just have to make sure you are seeing an oculofacial plastic surgeon who is an injectable specialist. You don’t want to go to a dermatoligest to inject filler around the eyes. You need a specialist as the eye area is very delicate and it’s extremely important to find the right physician for this kind of treatment.

Web reference: http://www.chelseaeye.com/inject1_cos.htm

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Wrinkles

+1

Based on your photos, you would be a candidate for a lower blepharoplasty woth emphasis of removing excess skin. Seek the advice of an eyelid specialist. Good luck

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Lower Lid Crepe` Excess Skin...Fraxel repair and/or Lower Lid Skin Pinch

+1

Gid Day Aussie,

You look like you would be an excellent candidate for a skin pinch lower eyelid procedure.  If you wish to treat non surgically and less invasively, then go with Fraxel repair treatment.  If you want to go holistic, try a little Vegemite spread on the lower lids overnight (just kiddin' about that one).  Bee's knees.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Botox or filler for lower eyelid lines when smiling

+1

Your condition may not improve and could look different and not pleasing secondary to swelling with fillers in the lower eyelids.  Botox can't immobilize the smile muscles which are generating the lower eyelid creases now that the crows feet are treated well. If the smile muscles are treated then you won't move your mouth correctly and your smile and eating and speech will not be good.  Fillers are best to correct lines at rest but if they are used to correct the lines that are visible with movement, then the skin may look lumpy at rest, or there may be too much water retention from the fillers to make the eyelid puffy. Be cautious and conservative.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Fillers for Eye Wrinkles

+1

If you're talking about the wrinkles immediately under the lashes of your lower lids, I'd recommend skin excision. If your concerned about the depressions at the lower margin of the lids, fillers would help.

Beware! Wrong Diagnosis May Lead to Wrong Treatment

+1

It is almost impossible to make an accurate diagnosis of your problem with out examining you because the picture is one static image and the lower eyelid lines most definitely change with your expression, gaze and eyelid position.  That said, I do not believe BOTOX and/or filler is the correct treatment for these lines.  Oftentimes, lines such as yours are caused by buldges of muscle in the lower lid.  These can occur as a result of extended periods of squinting i.e., from inadequate use of sunglasses.  The circular muscle around the eyes can hypertrophy or enlarge, just as a muscle can become more defined as you work out over time in the gym. Surgery is your best bet.  Excess skin and some muscle weakening will likely give you the desired result.  But....don't forget sunglasses!  This is a critical part of the treatment as well!!

Using a filler to elevate cheeks is often the best way to support the skin of the lower eyelid

+1

Using a filler to elevate cheeks is often the best way to support the skin of the lower eyelid. This is because many patients with eyelid wrinkles because of loss of volume of their cheeks.

Chicago Dermatologist