Will Botox Work to Create a More Symmetrical Face Along the Jawline?

hi. I'm 28 & plan on doing rhinoplasty/chin implant soon. one side of my face is more heart shape (i like) & the other is more square shaped. I'm about 5'5 and 115 lbs but I have a chubby face so when I smile it becomes round and odd. I'm not sure if it's the fat that's making my face look uneven or what. I also have deep tear lines & want to have some dermal fillers for that. is there a specific order this should be done as to not interfere with the next procedure? idk where to start.

Creating a symmetrical face

+1

You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is also experienced in injecting fillers and Botox.  He/she can recommend which surgical and non-surgical treatments would be appropriate for you and in what order they should be performed.

Toronto Dermatologist

Reshaping the face with Botox, liposuction, surgery etc.

+1

You must see a plastic or dermatologic surgeon in consultation to determine by looking at you with your facial muscles at rest and with motion, as to what your anatomy dictates treatment should be.  Botox is doubtful as a sole treatment to provide symmetry of the face and if it does work well, it will have to be repeated every four months.  facial liposuction at times is done but there are risks including depression, lumpiness and nerve injury creating numbness and muscular movement abnormalities.  Surgery may involve maxillofacial restructuring of the facial bones.  

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

Difficult to apply the proper aesthetics of facial beauty to your face without photos.  Much more likely this is fat and lack of cheek bones than a prominent masseter muscle which is the only thing Botox would be used for in this situation.  

Botox can contour the jawline

+1

I routinely use Botox/Dysport  to soften wide jaw lines.  It works remarkably  well and takes 4 treatments, spaced out every 3 months. It diminishes  the size of the masseter muscles (the large muscles in the cheeks for chewing) but it has no effect n chewing!  It turns out great and looks very nice.

Dr. Crutchfield

Charles Crutchfield, MD
Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial issues

+1

Everyone has asymmetry and no two sides of the face are exactly the same or can be operated on to do so.  Wihtout an exam it is difficult to suggest what may be best for you.  There often is not a specific order in which to have things done.  They can be often be staged.

Botox can be used to soften the contour of a square jawline caused by prominent masseter muscles.

+1

Botox is used more commonly in Asia to lessen the facial squaring effect of prominent masseter muscles.   If the roundness or squareness of your face is not due to prominent masseter muscels, Botox is unlikely to help.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

I personally prefer Perlane as an alternative to chin implants.

+1

Fillers and botox can be used very powerfully to improve facial asymmetry.  You are young enough that are still under the impression that the results of surgery are perfect.  This is not the reality .  For this reason many patients no opt for non-surgical treatments.  To get the best from these services, it is important to find a cosmetic surgeon who is artistic and gets what you are looking for.  Seek a few consultation before falling in love with a particular surgeon.

Botox, Fillers, and Symmetry around the Jaw Line

+1

Everyone  has some facial asymmetry so it's nice to know that you are normal.   If you are planning to have the procedures you listed, I would do those first so your surgeon can work with your face in its natural state unaltered by any fillers or neurotoxins.  After you heal from your procedures then you can address any asymmetry that remains  with filler in the tear trough and jawline areas if needed.   These areas are best addressed with fillers as opposed to neurotoxins such as Botox.  

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Facial filler for jawline asymetry

+1
You are correct that the use of facial filler can balance a facial asymmetry and correct for deep tear lines. I would not recommend undergoing this procedure until after your rhinoplasty and chin implant. You will have swelling from both procedures and need to adapt to your new appearance and then assess what you think needs to be done to further enhance your face. I would wait a minimum of 3 months after the surgery before going forward with filler.

Robert L. Kraft, MD