Botox Went Wrong? Undereye Wrinkles Appear After 1 Week and Dry Skin?

I am in 30s and have no sign of wrinkles. But I have dark eye circle and I wanted to slow down ageing apart from ridding off my dark eye circle. A reputable doctor but I am not sure if she is trained on esethics but she is certainly not trained for plastic surgery did a full face botox. After 1 week,my face became very dry, both of my eyes looked droppy, tired and dark eye circles worsen, plus it appeared many lines under my eyes. It is so terrifying.

Sagging lower eyelid skin after Botox

+1

I'm not sure by what you mean by full-face Botox, but that is concerning. Many muscles might be affected by such treatment that could cause unwanted side effects. if the lower eyelids sag because of a lack of muscular support, the eyes can dry out and as they sag they may cause new but temporary folds.  Fortunately all this should reverse by itself in approximately 16 weeks or less. You may need supportive care such as moisture drops or gel for your eyes so if your doctor who injected the Botox is not aware of this then see an ophthalmologist.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Botox problems with undereye wrinkles and dry skin

+1

Botox is used to reduce overactive sweat glands.  It will make the area injected sweat less and therefore drier.  It is never used for dark circles.  Given around the undereye area it can make lines appear if it relaxes some of the eyelid muscles too much.  The good news about all of this is that it will go away in 3-4 months.  Most in their 30's do not need full face Botox.  Do not be afraid to try a smaller dose with an experienced injector in the future. 

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.