Botox Won't Wear Off After 5 Years In Frontalis?

Help I need a medical opinion - I had Botox 5 years ago and got the dr Spock result - I live in Ireland so Botox was relatively new and taboo at the time - anyways, I went back upset and wanted it fixed - all I remember is the doctor injecting huge amount nearly full syringe into my frontalis muscle at my hair line - afterward my whole face dropped I had no substance in my face my normally lovely high eyebrows were completely drooped :( 5 years on my face is normal but not my top of my forehead

Botox should wear off in three to four months

+1

I am not aware of any chronic cases of muscle relaxation post Botox that lasted more than six months. When patients feel that their Botox still is working 8 or 12 months later, and I ask them to contract the muscles, the muscles are seen to move.  What the patient has noticed is that the lines are still gone because they aren't making the grimacing facial expressions as much.  They have retrained themselves from those habits while the Botox was successful. Your description of the upper forehead at the hairline not being normal is not enough for a physician to investigate.  Please see a neurologist to use an EMG possibly, to evaluate your frontalis muscle.

Botox turn around is three months

+1

Botox is a protein that is recycled as the receptors in the muscle are. the turn-over is around three months. Any effect after that is not believed to be from Botox. If there was something else done it would explain it better.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

+1

The effects of Botox last 3-4 months.  You should see an experienced plastic and cosmetic surgeon (no one group can claim superiority over another in this area) for a consultation and evaluation.  

Botox Duration

+1

The average correction from the neuromodulators is 3-4 months. A longer clinical response is around 6 months. Without seeing photographs to evaluate what occured in your situation is is difficult to offer better advice. I do however recommend you see a borad certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area so that a more definitive diagnosis or cause can be determiend and addressed.

Jeffrey Fromowitz, MD, FAAD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Does not last 5 years

+1

You may be noticing facial aging, but I know that Botox does not last 5 years.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) to find out what is going on with your face.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Sorry for the skeptical responses here.

+1

What you are describing is improbable.  I did notice that you did not include a photograph.  Generally BOTOX effects last 4-6 months and the outer time frame appears to be due to muscle retraining.  What is certain is the we tend to remember things through rose colored glasses.  Without photographs demonstrating what you are talking about it is much more likely that what you are experiencing is the effect of you interpreting your current appearance and extrapolating back to your treatment.  It is truly unlikely that you have retained muscle retraining this long.  However, I encourage you to repost with photographs so it is possible to assess your concerns.

BOTOX after 5 yrs?

+1

Botox typically lasts 3-4 months in most patients.  The product should be long gone 5 yrs. later.  Perhaps there are other signs of facial aging that have become more apparent since the injections were done?  Your best bet would be to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in facial rejuvenation procedures in your area.

Stephen Delia, MD

Botox Forever

+1

Indeed, neuromodulators are permanent chemical blockades, at the molecular level.  However, I have never seen a pemanent clinical responce.  If this is the concern, you should present to a Cosmetic Surgeon for a case review and possible publication in the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery (AJCS).

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon