Delayed Swelling After Botox on Undereye Area?

I was injected a month ago directly beneath both eyes with Botox. The swelling referred to my other people on this site seems to have resulted from the Botox migrating and the Doctors have agreed that the effects will wear off.

Does this also apply when the area was deliberately injected with the effects showing a week or so after and still terribly bad after a month?

Lower eyelid fullness due to lax eyelid muscle and not likely swelling

+1

I agree with the comments of the other physicians who attribute the fullness to laxity of the muscle rather than swelling.

When the botox effect dissapates (3-5 months), you should see return of lower eyelid muscle tone and improvement in the bulges.

Botox and lower eyelid puffiness

+1

Dear Oksantafe

To help Speed up your recovery from the Botox you can do some muscle exercises in front of the mirro for 15 minutes each day- an action like sand is blowing in your eyes- will speed up the recovery of the muscle function.

There are some individuals that I have seen that the muscle has not completely recovered- this is not common.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Swelling after Botox injected in under eye area

+1

It sounds like the swelling you are describing is due to weakness of the eye muscle under your lower lid from the Botox injected in the area. This weakness of the lower lid eye muscle is causing the fat and soft tissue to bulge through.

If you did not have much swelling in your lower lid area before the Botox was injected, chances are very good that it will resolve in 2 to 3 months when the Botox wears off.

I would discourage you from having Botox injected directly into your under eye area in the future.

Good Luck Cksantafe

Anifat Balogun, MD

Only tiny amounts of Botox can be injected under the eyes.

+1

Hi!

This is not swelling.  You have weakness of the lower eyelid muscles because of too much Botox.  The muscle is a sling, and when it is loose and weak, the lower lid bulges out.  The good news is that this bad effect will be gone in another 2 or 3 months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Delayed swelling after botox to undereye area

+1

What might have occurred in your case is relaxation of the orbicularis oculi muscle under the eyes resulting in herniation (protrusion) of the underlying fat and soft tissue. At this point, I would simply wait until the Botox wears off (another 1-3 months) and see if the swelling improves. I think there is a good chance your problem will self-resolve. If the problem persists in 3 months, I would consult an oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon. I would also notify your injecting physician at this time as he or she would want to know.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist