Botox for Wrinkles Above my Nose?

I have wrinkles above my nose, between my eyes that I am wondering if there is some treatment to deminish these. Thank you.

Botox for wrinkles above my nose

+1

Botox works very well for treatment of the wrinkles above your nose. Those are the wrinkles in the area between your brows (glabella). When done by a competent injector,  the results are great, albeit temporary (3-4-5 months).

Once you see these results, you may want to also treat other wrinkles that you may have, such as horizontal wrinkles on your forehead. Or, explore further possibilities such as a brow lift.

Always make sure that you are being treated by an experienced, Board Certified Dermatologist.

Chicago Dermatologist

Botox for wrinkles on the nose and between the eyebrows

+1

Botox works great for lines on the nose and between the eyebrows. The lines on the nose are called the "bunny lines", and the lines between the brows are often referred to as "the 11's). This area of treatment is called the glabella. Typically, it takes 20 to 25 units to treat the glabella, and only 2 to 5 units to treat the "bunny lines". It can all be done at the same time, and can give really fabulous results. I recommend starting botox treatments as soon as your wrinkles become "static" - meaning when you start to see them when your face is at rest.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Very Common Treatment

+1

There are 2 types of lines patients generally notice around their nose.
First, are the vertical lines that occur in between the eyebrows above the bridge of the nose, sometimes referred to as the “Angry 11’s.” This area is technically called the glabella, and these lines are caused by the action of the corrugators muscles, which serve to pull the eyebrows towards each other and down towards the nose, giving an angry or stern look.
The second type of lines occur on the bridge of the nose and run in a horizontal direction. These are commonly known as “Bunny Lines” and are seen when someone scrunches up their nose or in some people with a strong smile.
Both of these types of lines are treatable with Botox and generally respond very well if your surgeon confirms those lines are cause by one of these muscle groups.

Manu Gujrati, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for 11's and Bunny Lines

+1

Thank you for your question.  Botox has been FDA approved for the lines between the eyes and above the nose( glabellar furrows).  Everyone responds to Botox a little differently.  I would recommend seeking a board certified plastic surgeon extremely knowlegeable in injectables. I think you will be very happy with the results.

Jennifer Buck, MD

Does Botox Work for Wrinkles Between Eyes?

+1

Hi MA.  The original FDA approval for Botox Cosmetic is for the exact area you are speaking about, the glabella.  Typically about 20 units of Botox are required to relax the muscles that cause "frown lines".

Once injected, it will most likely take between 48 and 7 days to see the full effect and you should notice the results for between 3-5 months.  Good luck and we hope you like it.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox Cosmetic for Nasal and Glabellar wrinkles.

+1

Botox is a great treatment for relaxing nasal wrinkles that occur on the nasal side walls (bunny lines), vertical lines that are noticeable between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) and horizontal lines that occur at the root of the nose/ between the eyes caused by the action of the procerus muscle.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Botox for your 11

+1

Botox or Dysport are excellent treatments for forehead and crow's feet areas.  You should choose your plastic surgeon carefully and be well informed.  The treatment takes about 5 minutes but the results last between 4-6 months.  The areas between the eyes and some of the forehead muscles can be treated. 

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Botox works for wrinkles between the eyes

+1

The wrinkles you are describing sound like "frown lines" or glabellar lines.  Botox cosmetic is FDA approved to treat exactly these types of wrinkles. 

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Botox, Wrinkle Treatment, Beverly Hills Botox, Los Angeles Botox

+1

I have been using Botox to soften lines and wrinkles of the face for over 20 years and yes, Botox or Dysport can be injected into the area with the lines and wrinkles whether they are between the eyes (Called Glabella), at the very top of the nose beside the eyes, or across the forehead.  The number of units will vary depending on the area and depth of the unwanted lines.  The procedure takes about 5 minutes and should be repeated at 4-6 month intervals to maintain the desired effects.

Botox Cosmetic for lines along the side of the nose

+1

Some patients complain about lines involving the superior portion or the sides of the nose.  These lines are frequently referred to as "bunny lines."  Botox Cosmetic can be an effective treatment for these troubling lines.  The treatment is of course temporary, and patients should expect the lines to return within 3-4 months.  It is also important to note that this is considered an off-label use of Botox Cosmetic.  Botox Cosmetic is FDA approved for the treatment of frown lines which form in the glabellar region between the eyebrows.

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon