NYC Botox Migraine Doctor Recommendation?

I was in a car accident a few years ago & since then I have had earth shattering daily migraines. These Migraines are haunting my life, I have tried everything, Acupuncture, yoga, cupping, neck traction,muscle relaxers, & perscription migraine medicine. Nothing seems to give me relief, I am 26 years old and they are only getting worse. I have had such bad migraines that it has impaired my speech & my vision. Do you think Botox could help me? Do you have any recommendations as far as Dr's in NY?

Botox for migraines in Los Angeles

+1

Most plastic surgeons and dermatologists should be familiar with Botox for migraines in the temples and parietal areas of the scalp. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD FACS

Botox for Migraines, Botox Medical, New York Botox

+1

Yes, it sounds like Botox to prevent chronic migraines could be an option for you as it is now  FDA-approved  provided you have documented records from a neurologist or migraine specialist of having 15 or more days each month with headache lasting 4 or more hours each day.  If you visit the Botox Medical website, there is a Doctor Locator on the left where you can enter your zip code to find doctors who provide Botox for migraines in your area. 

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Can be Very Effective for Treatment of Headaches

+1

Using Botox for migraine headaches can be hit or miss. I have seen some amazingly effective results in treating migraine headaches with Botox as well as some complete failures. So you never know until you try. But it is well worth the attempt. Look for someone who has a good deal of experience. Pain management clinics are a good place to start.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for headaches

+1

A board certified neurologist or pain management specialist is the best physician to help you decide whether Botox is an option to help your headaches.  Consider seeing someone at the headache or pain management clinics (these are usually multidisciplinary clinics) in one of the major medical centers in NYC such as Columbia, Cornell or NYU.   Good luck in finding help for your very challenging problem.

Boston Dermatologic Surgeon