Botox Touch Up for the Droopy Eye?

Should I get more Botox for the drooped eye? It is so bad I am considering wearing a patch on one eye. I don't know what to do. I am so embarrassed.

Droopy eye from Botox is temporary so wait it out

+1

Droopy eye lids can occur rarely after Botox. It is probably best NOT to inject any more. Botox as well as use Iopine drops to help elevate the eyelids temporarely until it recovers.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Droopy Eye Lids

+1

Hi Daisy,

More Botox will not help if your eye lid is "drooped".

In the unlikely case that your injecting physician injected your frontalis muscle with injecting your glabella (corrugators and proceris muscles), then injecting the glabella will be helpful.

As the other physicians have suggested, be patient and with time things will improve.

I hope that your eye lids return to normal quickly.

Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Upper eyelid ptosis from Botox

+1

Dear Daisy

Upper eyelid ptosis from BOTOX is a very unwelcome problem.

Steve Fagein, M.D. has described placing a tiny amount of BOTOX on the eyelid platform to help improve very small degrees of upper eyelid ptosis. In general, I don't recommend this procedure. Generally anyone who induces an upper eyelid ptosis also lack the finesse needed to place a tiny amount of BOTOX in the eyelid-so forget about it.

I don recommend getting Iopodine eye drops which will help lift the lid. Now here is the kicker: Whether you respond or not initially to these drops will predict how long your eyelid ptosis will last. If you respond and the eye opens up, this means that the eyelid is not full paralyzed and it is likely that you will recover in the next 6 weeks. However, if initially there is no improvement in lid position, then it is likely that it will take 3 to 6 months for the ptosis to resolve.

Quaz

+1

This sounds like you were the victimn of the dreaded quaz in which half your eyelid droops. Iodipin or visine eyedrops may help. If the do for three weeks your own muscles may come out of their lazy vacation and resore your eyes to their origina duty.Anyway, use the drops and exercise the eye and in a few short weeks your eye should be back to normal. Botox effects are temporary.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Botox is temporary

+1

I am sorry to hear you got a droopy eye. Sometimes the eyelid and sometimes the eyebrow can get droopy. I don't know which happened to you. Talk to your doctor as he or she can give you the best information. However, remember that Botox is temporary. If it made your eye droopy, it will recover completely.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon