Botox Touch-up Did Not Make Much Difference. Can I Ask for Another One?

My botox touch-up didnt make much difference. I had it 7 days after initial apt. It is now 5 days after touch up and I still can bring my brows together and make the 11. Is it apropriate to ask for another touch up, or do I just accept that I did not get the results I wanted. I am a 38 yr. old F. Had botox 1 year ago, was very satisfied. This is a new office.

Botullinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) did not work after two injections

+1

You may require more Botullinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) and I would call to schedule an appointment now for a two week visit . If it works in the meantime, you can cancel the appointment. Perhaps you should try Dysport.

Botox Touch Up

+1

Hi Stoj,

Sounds like you need more units of Botox in the proper anatomic muscle.  Can't tell you which, but it is reasonable for the injector to get it right, and then you should consider choosing your next physician injector most carefully.

Definitely wait until about 10 to 14 days after your last treatment before getting more Botox.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Botox not effective in the glabella despite two treatments

+1

Sometimes Botox can take more than two weeks to provide its full effect. It appears you are at 12 days. I would not rush to do anymore for two more weeks. If there still is no function, the doctor may wish to repeat a treatment with a larger number of units than the first. 15-25 and even upt to 35 units can be given for this area depending on your anatomy and muscle girth.

Ronald Shelton, MD