Got Botox Three Weeks Ago, my Eye Droops and Doctor Wants to Inject More Botox, Okay?

Is it okay to have the doctor inject more botox after my eye droops?

WIthout more information, I would not endorse having more BOTOX.

+2

If your actual upper eyelid is drooping as a result of a BOTOX service, it is very unlikely that injecting the eyelid with more BOTOX is going to be helpful and it is very likely to make the situation worse.  There is an expert method to adjust a droopy eyelid but this generally not very effective after a BOTOX service.

Eye droop after botox

+1

if the problem is botox of the levator muscle with resultant droop then alphagan drops are usually the answer. if the forehead was injected with unrecognized underlying levator ptosis the botox in the lateral portion of the eyebrow may help. so either the doc injected you incorrectly (happens to the best every once in awhile and not a big deal) or the doc failed to recognize the underlying anatomy and created a problem that was predictable. so should you let them inject more?  mmm...I have no idea without seeing you.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Correction of botox eyelid droop with more botox

+1

You need a thorough in person evaluation for someone to comment on your case.  Patients will occasionally develope a drop of their forehead on one side that can be corrected by injecting some Botox in the depressor muscles to help lfit the forehead.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

More Botox can make a droopy eyelid better OR worse.

+1

The muscles of the forehead and eyebrow/eyelid area crisscross and overlap each other, making precise placement AND depth important in targeting the right muscles to open smooth the forehead, open the eyes, and lift brows all at the same time. This is easy to mess up in the wrong hands. Depending on what type of drooping you have, caused by what issue, more Botox can potentially help or hurt. Understanding how to handle this is what separates well-trained core cosmetic physicians from "Botox clinics". I first advise ensuring that your injector is one of these physicians, and then asking for an explanation of how the extra Botox will help exactly. If there is a clear answer that makes sense to you, it may be ok to try it. If not, seek a second opinion.

Web reference: http://www.ArtofDermatology.com

Eye droop after botox

+1

You have to be a bit more specific.  If the eyebrow droops it is probably from over treating the forehead.  This sometimes can be alleviated a bit by placing botox just below the lateral eyebrow by the crow's feet. If it is true eyelid drooping causing ptosis, then certaine eydrops may help until the botox wears off.

Can more botox help alleviate an eye droop?

+1

Maybe...  It depends on how/why the eye is drooping.  You may have ptosis, which is a condition when the upper eye lid will not raise up enough.  If severe, the upper lid may cover part of the pupil (the black circle in the middle of the eye).    This can be caused by botox which has drifted down and affected the muscles which usually open the eye.  More botox probably will not help this.  This condition should be temporary and may be helped by the use of eye drops. 

On the other hand, if your brow has dropped due to relaxation of the forehead muscles, some extra botox on the outside aspect of the orbital rim might help alleviate that droopiness.

Discuss with your injector.  If you have any concerns about the qualifications of your injector, consider a second opinion.

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

More Botox after eye droops

+1

This is not an easy question to answer, as we do not have a picture to see what is exactly drooping. The additional Botox may be to even out the eyes vs lessen the pull of a muscle that is causing the droop. You should discuss this with your injecting physician.

Germantown Dermatologist