Botox Between the Brows, Why is It Not Getting Rid of the Lines?

I've had more than 20 units of Botox injected by my dermatologist between my brows and it does paralyze the muscles but the line never goes away! Do I still need more Botox to rid these lines or do I need Botox along with a filler?! M dermatologist thinks that my lines are so deep and since I'm hitting 30, the lines are harder to get rid of. I also get Botox under my arms to reduce sweating and that works great! Is it just my forehead muscles or what? I'm very frustrated!

+1

If the glabellar muscles are not contracting, this si the best that Botox will do.  If you still ahev a line(s) at that point it's within the layers of the skin itself.

Botox between the brows, how many units are needed?

+1

I typically inject between 24-36 units of Botox for the frown area, but if the muscles are strong like in many men, I may use 48-60 units. Sometimes, a bit of filler is a nice addition as well. Best to review with your dermatologist the best option for you. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Wrinkles between the Eyebrows and Botox

+1

As other cosmetic specialists have noted, Botox Cosmetic alone may not be able to completely make the wrinkles go away. Skin care, facial fillers, chemical peels, or laser resurfacing treatments may be needed, in addition to Botox Cosmetic, to help achieve your desired results.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving lines in bewteen the eyebrows--Using Botox and Fillers

+1

Sometimes Botox isn't enough to erase the lines in between the eyebrows.  Sometimes the lines are just too deep.  When this is the case, fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm, can be used to fill in the line and make further improvement.  I will use fillers for patients when they want more than what Botox can achieve.  Sometimes people will ask, "Why not just use filler instead of Botox?"  The answer is that Botox creates improvement in the lines because the muscles are weakened, and without Botox the forces contributing to the lines will still be in play.  Without Botox the filler doesn't give as nice of a result.  Sometimes people just need both Botox and a filler.  I find that patients are happier when they know that is a possibility from the very beginning.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Lines between the eyebrows

+1

There are some patients with very deep glabellar lines (so called 11 sign) and they will not get complete correction with Botox. I inform my patients with this condition so that they have realistic expectations of result.  I would recommend injection only by a properly licensed board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Botox typically works great for these lines.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep Lines in Frown Area may need Botox and Filler.

+1

Dear writer, It seems that Botox is having a very good effect in your frown area by not allowing your muscles to move in that area, and preventing further worsening of that furrow/line. Because your frown lines were there for some time and are very deep, you may need hyaluronic acid (HA) gel injections to fill them in. An HA filler that is successful in this area is Belotero. If injected superficially, and in a retrograde fashion, this may prove a safe and effective treatment to almost completely eliminate the deep lines in your frown area. I hope this information is helpful. Best wishes from Miami, Dr. Bowes (Please look at the attached pictures of the clinical results of a patient with very deep frown lines, who had significant improvement with the combined injection of Botox and hyaluronic acid filler.)

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Still have brow lines after Botox

+1

Very deep brow lines may not completely go away with Botox treatment. Once we are certain that the Botox is working the way it should, then sometimes a very small amount of filler or an Ultherapy treatment can help soften whatever lines and folds are left.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

+1

Botox will help relax the muscle movement to help soften fine lines/wrinkles. It sounds like your treatment is in full effect if the muscles are fully paralyzed. I don't ever recommend any of my patients to apply a filler to the glabellar area, this can create a blockage or clot to the blood vessels in that region and possibly cause a stroke.

Why Don't My Forehead Lines Go Away after Botox.

+1

Hi Aja.  When you confirm that you have no movement for the muscles between the eyes, the product is acting exactly as it should.  If the lines are still visible after Botox, then we would recommend a filler.  The link below shows the photos of someone in your situation.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox, Fillers, and Resurfacing Laser...

+1

You should consider a resurfacing laser along with filler and Botox to get rid of your lines.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD