Botox for Temporary Non Surgical Breast Lift Procedure?

I remembered years ago, I watched a talk show that brought plastic surgeons as guests on their show. A plastic surgeon gave a patient botox to her saggy breasts, and her breasts became perky. The plastic surgeon featured on the show said this treatment hasn't been approve to FDA yet and its lasted 6 months to a year. Whatever happened to that treatment?

Botox for nonsurgical breast lift?

+2

This procedure does exist.  It is still not FDA approved.  But it works very well.

There are two sets of pectoral muscles, ones that pull up and ones that pull down.  If the ones that pull down are injected with Botox, their action is diminished and the action of the muscles that pull up is more visible, bringing the breast up, probably 1/2 inch to an inch.

It is a nice, non-surgical way to give the breasts a lift.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Breastlift?

+1

Botox will absolutely not be effective  for breast lifting. Be very careful about  believing information sounds too good to be true.

Botox for breast lift

+1

This really doesn't work. The muscles that were injected do not effect breast position. For more details, see the video on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website (Search for Botox Breast Lift).

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Botox Breast Lift

+1

You haven't heard anything more about it likely because it does not work. Botox relaxes muscles, and that is it's mechanism of action. Lifting sagging breast, which result from loosening of ligaments, breast tissue and skin, it cannot do...a mastopexy is the gold standard. See a board certified plastic surgeon who will help you figure this out. Never believe everything you see on TV!

Good Luck!

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Botox - sagging breasts

+1

It is possible that this was done, but just because you've seen something on TV doesn't mean that it is the best treatment. If you have sagging breasts that you'd like treated, I'd recommend seeking a consultation with a plastic surgeon and having him/her do a complete evaluation based on your individual anatomy.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Botox for saggy breasts?

+1

Hi AG.  You should run away quickly from any physician that proposes to improve your saggy breasts with Botox.  You will be disappointed with the results and the effect it had on your pocketbook.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox for non surgical breast lift.

+1

The anatomy of the breast is not conducive to this.  Botox stops the muscle from moving.  The muscles are not dragging the breast down.  This is not a good indication for Botox.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Botox for Breast Lift - No!

+1

Breasts droop due to skin stretching and the Coopers ligaments in the breast elongating.  Coopers ligaments are the internal support structure of the breast and they span from the pectoral muscle to the skin.  They are firm and tight when patients are young but with aging, weight gain and pregnancy they are stretched and lose their tone and the breasts sag.  The pectoral muscles have very little to do with it.  Botoxs only action is to temporarily paralyse muscles from contracting.  If you have a sagging breast ,in front of the chest muscle which has some tone, and you inject Botox into the muscle and the muscle becomes flaccidly paralysed and also sags, this could not possibly help sagging breasts.  Like so many "new" procedures in this day and age this is a triumph of marketing and PR over science.  An excellant long lasting breast lift can be accomplished by day surgery with very little down time.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Perky Breasts and Botox

+1

Hi Anon Girl,

You ask a titillating question, but me thinks ice cubes will work better at "perking up" those breasts more than Botox...and it will save you money for those shoes as well.  That's the "breast" I can do in answering your question.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Botox for breast lift

+1

I don't peform this procedure, but if the muscles below the breast are injected with Botox as an off-label procedure, then the muscles above the breast may compensate when the lower muscles can't contract as much, thereby elevating the breast. Although there may be a huge skeptical attitude by many physicians about this, it is possible that if more physicians tried it (which I am not advocating) that the results might be realized. This scenario developed an accepted attitude amongst phsyicians in treating the forehead. Neither of these areas would develop the same beneficial height that a plastic surgeon could achieve by doing cosmetic surgery with a breast lift. Furthermore the number of units of botox injected might increase the risks for Botox "non-surgical breast lifting" and the intercostal muscles might get affected by diffusion making someone's deep breathing to be compromised. It certainly is not a standard of care at this time, nor an approved use of Botox cosmetic.

Ronald Shelton, MD