Botox for Tear Trough?

Hi, I have a question. Basically I'm 27 and have really bad self esteem. Around 3 years ago my eyes and cheeks started going south. I used to be happy, outgoing and confident but now I hide away and wake up everyday hoping its better.

If I push the skin back on my temples ever so slightly I look how I should. I have deep lines from inside of eyes going round to halfway down my cheek. Would Botox lift this? Please please help. I hate myself now :(

Restylane (not Botox) for the tear trough

+1

Cheer Up! Botox won't help but Restylane works great in the tear trough area. Go to someone with alot of experience in this area (most injectors tend to overfill here) and you'll be smiling in no time.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers for tear trough

+1

The tear trough area is the region under the eyes that can appear hollow and look like "bags or dark circles" under the eyes. A filler such as Juvederm or Restylane can be helpful at temporarily fillling in the depression and restoring a youthful look to the area, this can be done in the office. Botox weakens muscles, and has no role in the treatment of the tear trough area.

Botox for tear trough

+1

Botox is unlikely to help the tear trough area. Botox relaxes muscles, it does not fill in hollows. It could worsen ihollowness at the eye-cheek junction by relaxing the orbicularis muscle, causing further descent of the cheekpad.

Botox may be helpful for the procerus (rabbit's lines) next to the nasal bridge, but that doesn't seem to be your problem.

Usually, this area is addressed by a cheeklift procedure, possiblly with carefully, conservatively placed grafts. It is important not to treat this area agggressively, in my opionion, since it is so unforgiving. Often, fillers such as Prevelle or Restylane help greatly.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/articles.php