I had Botox injected to my forehead and glabella. Yesterday I woke up with a very swollen nose bridge, is this normal?

Hi, Two days ago I had 15 units of botox injected in my forehead and also 15 units injected in my glabella by a very qualified plastic surgeon. The immediate results were fantastic but yesterday morning I woke up to a very swollen nose bridge. Is this normal? Will it go away soon or as the botox wears off. I am so disappointed! This is not the look I am trying to achieve. I am currently out of town for the next three weeks so can't go back to the dr. who performed the service. Thank you.

Botox and swelling

+1
Botox is a great procedure for the glabella and forehead area.  It is not typical to have swelling two days after treatment.  I would take a photo and consult the physician who injected it.  If it gets worse I would consult the physician who treated you and ask if they know a physician in the town you are traveling to for the next three weeks.  Please let me know what happens.

Swelling at 2 days may be normal and will pass (Botox)

+1
Swelling at 2 days is not common but it can occur.   After Botox you don't get full results until 10 to 14 days.  Apple a cold pack as you can and this will all pass.  If the swelling progresses and becomes red see a doctor,,,,ER or in office.   You will be just fine I bet.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon