Botox to Eliminate Sweaty Feet?

My General Practicioner has a separate clinic where she does Botox. I have been approved by my insurance company for the procedure. I am a little frightened. I did have some put between my eyebrows a number of years ago and didn't have any reaction but that would have been a very small amount compared to the feet. Has anyone had experience with this? Any advice?

Botox for plantar (foot) hyperhidrosis

+2

I would go to a hyperhidrosis expert - someone who deals with every distribution of hyperhidrosis (head, hands, feet and underarms, groin) AND also someone who proveides every treatment of hyperhidrosis. Plantar hyperhidrosis is tricky because the skin is thicker than in the hands and underarms and proper placement is critical for success.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox for Hyperhidrosis and Excessive sweating

+2

Botox is an ideal treatment, but not the only treatment, for hyperhidrosis.  In my Santa Monica practice, I perform several non-surgical techniques for hyperhidrosis that provide longterm relief of the symptoms of excessive sweating.  Botox injections work well and require treatment every 4 months. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Botox works great for sweaty feet...

+1

you need more than for cosmetic improvement of your facial muscles but don't let that upset you...traditionally you'll need about 100 units for each foot...and it may last up to a year...well worth it if the problem bothers you...best

Ken Landow, MD

Botulinum toxin injections for sweaty feet

+1

The doses of botulinum toxin used for plantar hyperhidrosis are safe and I would not anticipate that you would have any adverse effects. I would strongly recommend that you have local anaesthetic nerve blocks performed before botulinum toxin injections to the feet (or hands) as these are very sensitive areas of the body. In the hands of an experienced practitioner nerve blocks are safe and highly effective and they are necessary if the procedure is to be comfortable for you.

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Botox is very effective treatment for sweaty feet

+1

Botox for the treatment of hyperhidrosis of palms, soles and underarms is a safe and effective treatment. It lasts anywhere from 4-8 months. Dysport may even be a better treatment due to its diffusion properties.

I hope that helps!

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Botox for sweaty feet

+1

Botox typically works quite well for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) on the palms, soles, under the arms, and on the face or scalp. Although it requires multiple small injections into the affected area, the results are usually relatively long lasting (6-12 months or even longer for some). This typically is a very safe treatment when performed by an experienced injector and patient satisfaction tends to be quite high.

Good luck with the treatment!

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox for the feet

+1

Botox is still safe at the doses used for hyperhidrosis (approx 50 units per foot).  I would insist, however, on having nerve blocks performed prior to the Botox injections for your comfort.  You can expect the results to last approx 6 months.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist