Can Botox Straighten my Nose?

I wanted to know if Botox can straighten the tip of my nose. Is it possible? Please see photo here.

Botox not a way to straighten nasal tip

+2

Good Afternoon Rachel,

It not clear from the picture you attached what you are looking to correct in your nasal tip.

Botox is not usually used to correct nasal defects. Depending on the amount of distortion, surgery and perhaps a long lasting dermal filler like Radiesse or Artefill.

I would recommend you consult with a plastic surgeon who specializes in surgical corrections so you can discuss specifics and see what works best for you.

Good Luck.

Botox in place of Rhinoplasty

+2

No, I would not recommend Botox for use to straighten nose. Botox should not be considered a substitute for what a typical rhinoplasty (nose job) would do. 

I would recommend discussing this case with a board certified plastic surgeon, and I would not recommend Botox to straighten the nose.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

BOTOX is not usually given to change the appearance of your nose.

+2

Dear Rachel,

When you say "straighten the tip of my nose", do you mean that you want to rotate your tip up a bit?

In either scenario, I would say that BOTOX would not be a good option.

Please let me know if I could be of further assistance to you.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox, Wrinkle Treatment, Beverly Hills Botox, Los Angeles Botox, Nasal Surgery, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty

+1

Sadly no.  Botox or Dysport are medical grade toxins that temporarily weaken the muscles causing unwanted lines and wrinkles.  Botox and Dysport can also be used in areas where muscles are hypertrophied (unusually large).  The tip of the nose is made of cartilage, some subcutaneous tissue, thin muscles and skin.  If the tip is crooked, asymmetric or rotated in a less than aesthetically ideal location, Rhinoplasty to surgical alter it's shape is the best way to correct this.  Fillers are sometimes used to fill in depressions of the tip and nose in order to give the illusion of a straighter shape.  I have done all of these procedures in my 20 plus years as a beverly hills plastic and cosmetic surgeon.

Botox will not Straighten a Nose

+1

Botox is a neurotoxin, preventing nerve and muscle fibers in a localized area from communicating.  Since the positioning of the nose at rest is not related to muscle activity, Botox will not provide any benefit in straightening a curvature.  However, as other posters have noted, the "snarling" position of the nasal tip while smiling can be improved by treating the depressor septi nasi muscles with a few units of Botox.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and the nose

+1

Botox is not used to straighten a nose but it can sometimes soften a plunging tip with animation when injected just below the columella.

Botox

+1

It is not possible to see exactly what deviation of your nose you refer to from the photograph provided.  Regardless, Botox would not correct a nasal deviation.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD